Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More senes of mindless hooliganism from Manchester

I live in Tottenham Hale and now it feels like I live in another country. To go to the local shops you have to pass through at least two police cordons with everything either side of the High Road now turned into a warzone. To my knowledge, I'm one of only two LC100 owners who live in the neighbourhood. Last Saturday night I saw at least five (all fully loaded, I suspect). What is it and Toyota's and mayhem?

I'll leave you with one thought though. Last Saturday, Tottenham Hotspurs FC played a football match (against a Spanish side) at White Hart Lane. In such circumstances there is usually a heavy police presence between Seven Sisters, all along the High Rd to Angel, Edmonton, two miles down the road but NOT on this occasion apart from blocking off the High Road next to the Police Station, the coppers were invisible. Given that both the match and the demo on behalf of Mark Duggan, the man who was shot by the police, started at about the same time (5.00pm) the questions remains where were the Police when at 9.00pm it all turned nasty and Tottenham began to burn?

The Other John

The Dark Dude

Back