Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More work! More money! !!!!

Gav missin

Well the grey one didn't fare to well at mot time. Arb bushes and links non existent, exhaust blowing and hanging off, brake pipes bearings etc etc. Anyway as we do, and as nobody else seem to understand I thought I'd take the opportunity to have a few jobs done while he's at cruiser A+E. So along with the test advisories it's full service,cambelt, steering box, brakes and pipes, big ends replaced (ACL) new injectors and even having the rust cut out and repaired on the tailgate and repainted.Had all the structural work ,arches rear corners etc done last spring. Just funny how these things snowball. Should be 100% solid when done though. Looking forward to seeing what difference the injectors will make. Andy actually called me after leaving lincomb the first time as he was following me to comment on the various smoke signals I was sending out.

20160805_203514.jpg 20161016_102128.jpg

Nice one Gav, shouldn't it have been more work less money (in your account that is) :lol:

There comes a time when you just have to do it.

That what grieves me, its a shopping list like this that so often sends many of these fine and majestic beasts to the scrappers. :cry:

Well done and good luck, I'll bet the injectors alone was a fair sized wad.. :whistle:

clivehorridge I could not agree more, last month I found out that my next door neighbor used to have a 80 series but when the o/s/f wheel bearing needed replacement he called one of the scrap car collectors to come and take it away and had it scrapped, I have not spoken with him since.

clivehorridge I could not agree more, last month I found out that my next door neighbor used to have a 80 series but when the o/s/f wheel bearing needed replacement he called one of the scrap car collectors to come and take it away and had it scrapped, I have not spoken with him since.

Criminal :confounded:

Well the grey one didn't fare to well at mot time. Arb bushes and links non existent, exhaust blowing and hanging off, brake pipes bearings etc etc. Anyway as we do, and as nobody else seem to understand I thought I'd take the opportunity to have a few jobs done while he's at cruiser A+E. So along with the test advisories it's full service,cambelt, steering box, brakes and pipes, big ends replaced (ACL) new injectors and even having the rust cut out and repaired on the tailgate and repainted.Had all the structural work ,arches rear corners etc done last spring. Just funny how these things snowball. Should be 100% solid when done though. Looking forward to seeing what difference the injectors will make. Andy actually called me after leaving lincomb the first time as he was following me to comment on the various smoke signals I was sending out.

View attachment 112198 View attachment 112199

Aye its a fine Cruiser to be sure and when its done it'll be finer.
In my experience the injectors won't make a lot of difference to the performance but a whole load to the emissions. TBF i really did have to hang back a fair way Gav.

Nice one Gav, shouldn't it have been more work less money (in your account that is) :lol:

There comes a time when you just have to do it.

That what grieves me, its a shopping list like this that so often sends many of these fine and majestic beasts to the scrappers. :cry:

Well done and good luck, I'll bet the injectors alone was a fair sized wad.. :whistle:
To be fair the injectors were a bargain from a good friend. Certainly a lot less than book price. Had been fitted to a truck which was never returned to the road after installation. I've no intention of parting with either of my 80's at all so I'm happy to give them what they deserve.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aye its a fine Cruiser to be sure and when its done it'll be finer.
In my experience the injectors won't make a lot of difference to the performance but a whole load to the emissions. TBF i really did have to hang back a fair way Gav.
I know. It was getting a bit fragrant Andy. Just hope I get him back before the snow

Neither would I Julian. That's such a waste. Can only hope that the scrap man knew what he had and moved it on to a new owner. Have to say hadn't realised how ropey it was driving until the test showed up the problems. A drive out in the 24v confirmed and the job was on.

Neither would I Julian. That's such a waste. Can only hope that the scrap man knew what he had and moved it on to a new owner. Have to say hadn't realised how ropey it was driving until the test showed up the problems. A drive out in the 24v confirmed and the job was on.
Add a new water pump to the list too. Anyone know what a reasonable condition one owner kidney is worth these days!!!!

but that pump will be good for another 200000 miles, once its done its done.
beat this, I bought a brand new upper tail gate a few years ago...

but that pump will be good for another 200000 miles, once its done its done.
beat this, I bought a brand new upper tail gate a few years ago...
Yeah. I really don't mind too much. Having my tailgate repaired. The guy is a genius. Very thorough and makes a exelent job. All new steel welded in no filler. Same guy who did all the works earlier last year. Happy to think all the work will be done

Yeah. I really don't mind too much. Having my tailgate repaired. The guy is a genius. Very thorough and makes a exelent job. All new steel welded in no filler. Same guy who did all the works earlier last year. Happy to think all the work will be done
Nothing is ever simple is it. Took the BEB s out this afternoon and not before time either. Top shells getting well past it. However just to complicate things they are +50 thou . Got a set ordered for Monday morning. Won't be able to play in all the snow we got here in the fens this weekend. Could nt get Yannis to smile for the camera.

20170113_153009.jpg

If it's not too late, get the core plug behind/below the water pump changed. They tend to wear through, unsure if it is just corrosion or sediment thrown up from the pump being so close....might be a combination of the two?

Seen it twice now so................

regards

Dave

If it's not too late, get the core plug behind/below the water pump changed. They tend to wear through, unsure if it is just corrosion or sediment thrown up from the pump being so close....might be a combination of the two?

regards

Dave

regards

Dave
Well was hoping to get the cruiser back tomorrow. But this was the scene as I walked into the workshop tonight. Was only meant to be a bearing change and new brake pad's. Well said Yannis "you did say you was keeping it .!!!! Looking like full axle refurbished and chassis and underside clean and paint. Worst BEB s he found. 1 &6 as expected with top she'll being worst. Looking forward to getting this back. Should be like new.

IMG-20170123-WA0006.jpg 20170123_202704.jpg 20170123_202645.jpg 20170123_202002.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0002.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0010.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0008.jpg 20170123_202823.jpg 20170123_202801.jpg

Well was hoping to get the cruiser back tomorrow. But this was the scene as I walked into the workshop tonight. Was only meant to be a bearing change and new brake pad's. Well said Yannis "you did say you was keeping it .!!!! Looking like full axle refurbished and chassis and underside clean and paint. Worst BEB s he found. 1 &6 as expected with top she'll being worst. Looking forward to getting this back. Should be like new.

View attachment 112788 View attachment 112789 View attachment 112790 View attachment 112791 View attachment 112792 View attachment 112793 View attachment 112794 View attachment 112795 View attachment 112796

IMG-20170123-WA0003.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0013.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0012.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0001.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0009.jpg IMG-20170123-WA0007.jpg

Proper mechanic at work. I can't imagine a modern car being stripped like that, not made for it.
The guy is very good I have to say. Very thorough and methodical. He's going to strip and sort out the rear diff lock to for me whilst its in. Very reasonable prices too. They deserve to do well. They are bus mechanics by day and work on cars evenings and weekends.

The guy is very good I have to say. Very thorough and methodical. He's going to strip and sort out the rear diff lock to for me whilst its in. Very reasonable prices too. They deserve to do well. They are bus mechanics by day and work on cars evenings and weekends.

Sounds like these guys need encouragement. If they can do good work like this at reasonable rates, they should be recommended.

Back