Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morning you lot!

Yeah I just saw that Nick! Out of my range though - I bet its in bloody good nick.

Its perfect apart from the manual - wife won't drive it, she put her foot down.
My fault really as we have been hiring auto 4x4's in Brasil a lot recently and now there is no route back to manuals on big cars...

Aye - if I had that cash I would already be on the train up!
Its an amazing example, that's for sure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Morning all,
Had a long fight with my self last night, the 100 we have seen ticks all the right box's, the price is ok and I think from what you have all said (really appreciate the help and knowledge) it looks ok, it drives fine and all electrics work.
So the plan I have is to purchase the truck and get it to the garage for a bloody good check over, I'm always timid about buying from Dealers but I think this is a great opportunity to get a what appears to be a good one.
Wife is on board and happy, Insurance is one call away and cash is in the bank.
Seller wants £6600 but I think I can get it for £6000 - £6300.

I'm not rushing this but if you feel i need to do more research and checks - do let me know.
I'm worried as we all are that when buying 2nd hand that we don't know whats going to happen in the future, I think I have done everything I can to be safe and covered, so the more I think about it the more I'm sure I'm over thinking this.

Should I stay or should I go now, as some lyricist once sang :)

Go for it if it feels right. After all, the price is right and it’s the ultimate model, era, colour and interior. (I may be biased.)

Only concern is whats going to break on it in the first few trips :)
Haha, Jacob i think I prefer the 100's too :)

OK, made the call, His lowest price was 6400 which I'm ok with - asked if this has any warranty with it and he stated pay the asking price £7800 and I'll give you a 30 day warranty.
Put a really bad taste in my mouth, but it is what it is. I think I need a pro to take a look.

Just put a deposit down on her, used my credit card for peace of mind, now at least if anything crazy happens or if my garage states that there are any serious issue I'm covered.

I think with any second hand purchase it’s wise to factor in an amount to spend on ‘what ifs’ however cruisers generally soldier on and don’t just break. This can be a double edge sword meaning if one has been neglected, it’s often difficult to see.

Often warranties aren’t worth the paper. If you do buy it and it lasts (as it will) past the 30 days then you’ve saved enough for a repair or two. With this forum, you shouldn’t go far wrong.

Morning all,
Had a long fight with my self last night, the 100 we have seen ticks all the right box's, the price is ok and I think from what you have all said (really appreciate the help and knowledge) it looks ok, it drives fine and all electrics work.
So the plan I have is to purchase the truck and get it to the garage for a bloody good check over, I'm always timid about buying from Dealers but I think this is a great opportunity to get a what appears to be a good one.
Wife is on board and happy, Insurance is one call away and cash is in the bank.
Seller wants £6600 but I think I can get it for £6000 - £6300.

I'm not rushing this but if you feel i need to do more research and checks - do let me know.
I'm worried as we all are that when buying 2nd hand that we don't know whats going to happen in the future, I think I have done everything I can to be safe and covered, so the more I think about it the more I'm sure I'm over thinking this.

Should I stay or should I go now, as some lyricist once sang :)

Congratulations on your purchase James, there is enough help on this forum to see you right. Hopefully you will get to a social function and see what a friendly lot we are.

IMG_0319.JPG

My 100,done quite a few more miles than yours but still runs well, there's a good few around in the club.

Thanks Andy, will definitely be popping up to see you all to say thanks and to meet you all in person, do you usually do a day out or camping.
One of the reasons we got the 100 is so we can go camping, I hate sleeping in tents hence why we got the 100, I can sleep in the back :)
Without all your help I would still be non the wiser - so thanks again!

Having both slept in the truck and in a roof tent, I’d say there’s pros and cons to both but a roof tent trumps a ground tent hands down. Inside the truck needs a trickle of ventilation and is far quieter. Can be a bit on the chilly side if it’s cold out as our first ever camping night showed. :lol: -3 at the AO show (one of our meet ups) 2015

Thanks Starcruiser will have to try out a roof tent, buggered if I'm sleeping on the ground!

Just got home after 1.5 hours going round the M25, not the best drive home but the LC purred - no issues.
Oil is low so that't the first job, in to the garage for an oil change and most likely an other fluid that is in her, they will give her a good check over too.
On my local roads she squeaked a lot - all from the rear so will ask them to check all the bushings too.
One thing that's really pissed me off, between Sunday and today - some ass hat has snapped off the antenna so the hunt is on for a new one.
Spent an hour with leather restorer cream - looks a heck of a lot better inside now, wife's happy - she even enjoyed driving it but the the knob that changes the steering wheel position labours the motor and nothing moves, not sure that anything can be done there - its in a good position for me though :p

Exterior is pretty good no knocks or dents, some scratching down the passenger side from shrubbery or similar and i think it will all come good with some elbow grease and a cold beer or two over the weekend.

Well done that man!

I think @frank rabbets may have posted something about getting the steering wheel adjustment mech / motor working, quite some time ago but I’ve no idea which thread it was though... sorry.

Stupid idea if you ask me, what’s wrong with a lever and lock clamp like the 80 has?

There you go... don’t listen to me, I’m old... :lol:

Mate I'm getting on a bit, when I was a lad there was only one position :)
Thanks will go search for that!

Back