Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco 2016-2017

KriPa

Country Flag
belgium
Leaving for Morocco on saturday.

Has been a bit stressy the last couple of days had to fix a front wheel bearing, discovered a seized wheel cylinder by doing this. Had flat batteries and a spare wheel that looses all air in a day.... And a shock absorber that ate the rubbers bushings.

But today it looks like we can leave as planned on saturday.

The idea is to ride roughly the same route as the Libya rally 2016.

https://live.owaka.fr/70-libya-rally-2016#

We mainly want to get away from Stressmiss so maybe we stay arround M'hamid or Merzouga for a couple of days.

You can follow us live on http://kripa.drives.international if everything goes well.

Best wishes for the new year!

KriPa

Good luck, have fun and stay safe. Remember, the destination is the journey itself!

Have a good trip.

If your stopping near Boudnib then the campsite Rekkam Boudnib is very good, great food and a bar. Ksar Sania is also a good stop on the edge of Erg Chebbi, its a small hotel with some camping, oh and a bar!.

FYI the desert south of the N12 between Tata and Foum Zguid is off limits to tourists at the moment.

If you need any route advice or help drop me a line :)

Do you know why it is off-limits?

No that I have a problem with it, the N12 will do.

Its a big military zone but not 100% sure why.

Theres a nice alternative just north of the N12 which is about 50% piste

Tata.jpg

Thanks for the alternative.

We'll see what we do when we get there.

The wife wants a relax holliday .... :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
N12.PNG Did this in april, (well actually it is a friends track we took the assistance route via the N12)

Interesting, we got stopped 3 times in 2015 trying to do that route, maybe they've opened the area up again. Be nice to know if it has

I suppose we have had authorisation of the military because of the rally.
As far as I know you, can have more luck in the other way arround but it is still a gamble.
I am not going to try this time have had enough disussion with the military in the past (they can really waste your time). I am also only in one car so will stick to the tourist tracks.

That could be it, I'm hoping to see the rally in April so might have to try my luck :D

My satellite messages do not arrive on our site will try to fix it now that I have a connection.

Looks like you having a good trip from the tracklogs. Enjoy Ksar Sania and Rekkam Boudnib for New Years eve

We will have to change our plans rekkam Boudnid appears to be closed until mid January...

Oh No that's a shame, its a good place to stay. I don't know anywhere else in that area for accommodation or camping

we contacted the owner the site is open but the owner is in France till mid January.

Our trip is nearing the end we will be driving north again soon. First we will wash of the dust at Saidia. Had a nice day watching the real Dakar rally today. Http://KriPa.drives.international
Have a super 2017!

Sounds like you had a good trip, looking forward to some pics :)

I managed to post a couple of videos this morning. http://kripa.drives.international

For pictures please be patient I still have to post the ones from Albania first.

BTW camp site l'amazone @ Saidia sucks. Very noisy, loud music all night and outdated toilets and shower. Did not plan to camp here wanted a hotel but was to tired to search a decent hotel, so took the camping instead. Going for a hotel now for our last night in Morocco.

Back