Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Must have jump pack

Giles

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys

i am at a trade show in Germany and a must have for everyone is a lithium jump pack by Noco its just amazing, size of a sandwich and will start at truck at -30 degrees, you can even drive over it, in and out power on USB. Best product i have ever seen, I guess when launched it will be around £120 just amazing
i am sure there must be YouTube vids on it,,,,don't go anywhere without one

giles

Sounds good. I have three batteries on board and only need one to start it so I may not have one myself. But battery technology is getting better day by day. I shall give it a Google.

How's the show?

Oooh, NOCO look a bit like CTEK. Nice stuff.

Last edited:
Mate

we sold Ctek we don't anymore, say no more. This product is like nothing I have ever seen, we have sold jump packs but this is tiny and has 10x more power than stuff we have had but it will go in your glove box and will start a diesel train. It so good we ordered a lot and they told us to forget it they can't cope with demand in the sates never mind Europe. Company called Canada Tire just had 38thousand off them

We will get one day so put on you birthday list

giles

My mate brought something like that off mac. He is over the moon with it. Is very small but he is going round his yard starting all kinds of dead shit. Like a small magic box.
Stu

Sucker for a gadget. Just don't think I need this one, but always interested to look. Not had any problems with my CTEK stuff though. The NOCO chargers look interesting. I shall look a bit more into those first

Just take 30 seconds to loo up on google "ctek over heating" this is why we don't sell it any more.

anyway thats not my point, this new noco product will start anything and it is tiny. Why the hell would you not want one it has USB so you can even use it S an inverter to charge phones etc. I think it is more important to have than a winch!!!
giles

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like it but not sure it would work on an 80 as it states 12v and not 24 which is required to start if you run it in factory condition.

I do wonder if you could get a 10cm weld bead from it or if the protection would kick in? Could be a handy on the trail welder/fixer/starter gadget.

Giles there is a difference between want and need. I want one already, I just don't have a need for it. I have USB all over the truck already, 12v start and 2 split charge systems protecting the three batteries all of which would fit in the cranking battery slot and already have 'connect' feature at the press of a button. Bit sounds really smart so I shall be looking for sure.

Warren, It should work to a degree on a 24v start if you connect it to the driver battery just like a regular jump start with leads. You may only get one shot though. Before you turn the key the two batteries are in parallel so both will get some charge before you turn the key. Obviously connecting a DC power source to a battery will only pass charge to equalise at a very slow rate, like osmosis really. So if this relies on a burst of charge then it may not work so well. But as 80's start so well it may be all it needs.

Thanks for the pointer on the CTEK Giles. I didn't know what to look for as I haven't had a problem with it overheating. I shall have a read up!

The scope for this thing is unreal, you can even fly with it in your suit case and use it to charge stuff like iPads. it will jump 25 times before you have to recharge it and you can recharge 2000 times.

We will be rolling this product out in the Uk in about 4 months, it will got to people like RAC, AA, etc and military, just check this vid out. I see a lot of product, been at Automacenica in Germany (the automotive component expo) this week and this was the best product there.

http://vimeo.com/105320129

Giles

Yeh thats it,

retail price will be about the same as current Amazon (but amazon price is a launch price and will rise so I am told) I need to sort out a discount on here for all club members so they can buy batteries and stuff from us at trade, when I get some time I will get it done

Giles

Definitely interested Giles, will wait for prices.

Mine will come from you Giles

Last edited:
I will have one too (not a Babycham!) a magic box :)
Please let me know when they are available

hi chaps

great to hear you all want one, I will let you know as soon as they are in. As soon as we get stock we will do some testing of our own and I will let you know how that goes to

Giles

There's a few of these on the market now from different suppliers/manufacturers. I've seen one used (can't remember the name of it or it's maker) on a 1000cc 4cyl motorcycle with a very low battery and it started straight away. They have the ability to deliver large starting current but the actual Ah rating is quite low compared to a vehicles' onboard OE battery. I'm also in the "would like one but don't need one" camp but then I love gadgets. Way overpriced though IMO.

Me too. Love the idea, just don't need one. But doubtless one will fill a little corner eventually.

Mine arrived today from Amazon

D0C80809-37EE-41BB-8224-9BDEB90535D9_zpsxfna61rq.jpg

B353B59C-37D4-4387-9F8A-5E3E85AF8BBA_zpshihmvpij.jpg

Back