My 1996 Landcruiser Prado

DiamondDriller

Country Flag
canada
Here she is

20210131_111254.jpg

The 1KZ-TE engine bay
20210202_180121.jpg

I have more Toyotas too! I love this thing. (sorry for messy garage)

Last edited:
I am BLOWN away from the performance... I will get pictures of under the vehicle. It is BRAND NEW! ( it is from japan )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A 3" exhaust turns it into a different animal altogether , right now its tamed , leashed , restricted :icon-wink:

I need to know more about these Prados. There is not very many of them here. seems like a small community :(. I have a new exhaust but stock sizes. Im making a list.
I also dont want to cut that front Grill to fit my Winch in the bumper.... Thinking about just mounting the tugger to a hitch in the back.

The front most part of the exhaust , the turbo downpipe strangles the power i reckon .

Weld a receiver hitch to the bumper so you can mount a winch in front of it maybe ?

Ok sounds great. Exhaust mani and Down.
Just did this to my MR2 Turbo ( custom piping from manifold down ), I do have a hitch already on the custom rear bumper!

First thing first i'm going to assume thats an automatic so you should be aware that gearbox oil runs through a separate channel in your coolant radiator so when it rots inside it will mix oil and coolant . Plenty fit a separate oil cooler but i suppose thats because nobody wants to replace a perfectly good radiator just in case its not so good inside .

25 years and its likely the radiator is original

Took me ages to find this on the forum

View attachment 171038

I prefer the one on the left, i don't like black wheels on anything, cool tyres though. :) I don't like them low bumper bars either, sorry, don't mean to critise but just giving my opinion. :) Your left one looks like mine, is that a colorado? Howcome the right one has a bonnet scoop, is that a Prado? Two cool cruisers there though!

The silver black was bought in an attempt to stop the mrs driving mine , its all black now and she took my wheels as well but hers only goes to work and back so a 2" suspension lift is the only other change .

Mine on the other hand continued to evolve

1616275773033.png

UK colorado comes with a rear difflock but no intercooler so i fitted a topmount one and the scoop .

Personally i think the separate oil cooler mod is a common choice because nobody wants to replace a radiator that is working fine , but do they gain anything over and above what a new radiator gives ?

It might run fine as is for years yet but there's no telling who did what maintenance historically and who hasn't topped up coolant with plain old water once in a while .

i have NEVER used water for coolant. But... it gets -51C here easily. Shayne, Could you steer me into any lists of Mods, or websites with these kits? I just switched web browsers to Duckduckgo from google, because google doesnt give me good search results worldwide, like, most Prado info is UK and AUS, but they dont like to show me anything!

You have a kzj90 that might help with your search results but off the shelf upgrades are few and far between for these trucks but i'm happy to help you search if you want anything specific .

Last edited:
Where would be the best place to get a good quality radiator (1996 Colorado 3 litre) with the oil cooler built in?
I’m new to Land Cruisers having and still have Land Rovers. Land Rover parts are easy to find but I’ve been looking at rads and although some suppliers give the correct year the rads seem to vary in size? Any help appreciated.

Its not so much a built in cooler but rather an oil pipe running through the bottom of the rad , most will say genuine Toyota is best but i am happy to use stuff from roughtrax which has a very good reputation here in the UK .

Canada though :think:

Back