Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 2008 Hilux Invincible

Now that is useful and very timely. I'm going to be buying a Hilux soon and figured I'd try some 80 alloys on there with my BFG Ats. Well that's that sorted! Means I might have to sell an 80 but that's another story.

I want a blue one like that too. Nice.

Buying a Hilux Chris ?

Ha, just realised it was you that bought my hilux coil springs on eBay, I see they were delivered OK.
They were literally only on my vehicle for a few months

I am going with the LC80 wheels (zero offset) and know i can get 265 75 16 on with minimal trimming of the front bumper but i am very tempted to go for 285 75 15 :sunglasses:, but i know it will take more mods to fit. The mudflaps are already off so am going to have a look at trimming tomorrow to see what i can gain. I have fitted a 2" lift to the front but the rear is standard height

Ha, just realised it was you that bought my hilux coil springs on eBay, I see they were delivered OK.
They were literally only on my vehicle for a few months

Ha! yes they have arrived and been fitted today. So at least i am not running on broken spring anymore:)

Had a busy day yesterday, decided to bite the bullet and buy a set of tyres, went with the intention of buying a set of 265/75/16 but came out with a set of 285/75/16s :sunglasses:

So had a couple of hours with the grinder and stanley knife trimming bits of wheel arch and body mount off. But they are on and the ride is transformed
Also refitted the rear mudflaps
Paul
20170130_163927.jpg
20170130_163948.jpg
20170130_164009.jpg
20170130_164023.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Told ya...coudnt resist it.... looks really cool, nice truck.

80 alloys look good, especially in white.

Be careful not to rip the rear mudflaps off if you reverse in terrain that may push them towards the wheel, with less clearance it's easy for them to make contact, then the tyre makes light work of ripping them off, possibly taking the wheel arch with it!

Chain or some strap can be used to stop them from being pushed forwards, dark blue strap would suit it well, a bit offroad racer style.

Had a busy day yesterday, decided to bite the bullet and buy a set of tyres, went with the intention of buying a set of 265/75/16 but came out with a set of 285/75/16s :sunglasses:

So had a couple of hours with the grinder and stanley knife trimming bits of wheel arch and body mount off. But they are on and the ride is transformed
Also refitted the rear mudflaps
Paul
View attachment 113063 View attachment 113064 View attachment 113065 View attachment 113066

I had those wheels on a green 80 at one time and the general opinion was that they didn't suit it. In fairness I think they would have suited a white one which I was waiting for but didn't come my way.

Hilux looks spot on mate.

I'm running the same wheels on my Hilux too but with 275/70 tyres on the rear and 265/70 front. The front tyres touch slightly on the inside of the arch whilst turning only so i'm debating whether getting narrower tyres will solve that.. But your 285's look mean!

Nice truck Marsie, That is how they should look from the factory:sunglasses:

Cheers, Mark

Love the wheels.

Did the 285s fit with no lift?

How is it with the gearing?

Lifted the front end with a spacer kit. rear end standard. Had to chop quite a bit of plastic away and chop the front bulkhead body mount slightly but nothing too drastic. was a bit trial and error until it cleared. Gearing seems ok but the fuel computer is out now due to the speedo under reading (not sure by how much but will check with satnav) but guessing its about 10% out now:flushed: which means the mpg never reads much more than 25-26 whereas i was getting over 30 before:(

Lifted the front end with a spacer kit. rear end standard. Had to chop quite a bit of plastic away and chop the front bulkhead body mount slightly but nothing too drastic. was a bit trial and error until it cleared. Gearing seems ok but the fuel computer is out now due to the speedo under reading (not sure by how much but will check with satnav) but guessing its about 10% out now:flushed: which means the mpg never reads much more than 25-26 whereas i was getting over 30 before:(

Trip computer what's that.....haha
Having to calculate the MPG the old fashion way..... lol
Either way these are small compromises we just get used too. :)

Back