Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Eventually got the dual battery install done and finished off.
Right side tray from Karl.
Lots of cable, conduit and fuses fitted and connected using a durite vsr which kicks in pretty quickly after starting up and takes about 5 minutes to drop back out when the voltage drops.
100ah numax leisure battery which has any extra electrics connected to it now.
I've fitted an extra fuse box in the back to run 12v sockets, cb etc off which has spare locations for any other bits.
Been doing bits here and there when had time.

The battery has the terminals the same orientation as the main battery so if I ever have a flat battery I can swap them to get me going again.
20160515_141207.jpg 20160515_141148.jpg 20160515_141156.jpg 20160515_141227.jpg 20160513_213916.jpg
20160515_141148.jpg
20160515_141156.jpg
20160515_141227.jpg

The 80 got loaded up for a camping weekend with lily over the bank holiday.
20160527_142531.jpg

Cheap and cheerful 30 quid awning from e bay.
Has some clamps for the roof gutter so can put on the side too. Couple of heavy duty suction hooks held it to the windows and roof, stayed put when got a bit windy too.

While I decide if I need/want anything more expensive this will do. 5 mins max and it was up.
20160528_165340.jpg

We had a day at Morecombe and the views were good.
20160528_145916.jpg

Now I have a decent fridge carrying fresh chicken isn't a problem, very pleased with it.

2nd battery kept everything powered no problem too, good ol Coleman did it's job.

20160528_184110.jpg

One tired Co pilot lol
20160529_144603.jpg

Reactions: Ben
What price were the new down pipe?
(Stainless steel - right?)
So you have SS all the way back now on the exhaust?
How much was that
Any pics?

Need to get mine "improved" and considering a full SS from header on back (if feasible)
Thanks

What price were the new down pipe?
(Stainless steel - right?)
So you have SS all the way back now on the exhaust?
How much was that
Any pics?

Need to get mine "improved" and considering a full SS from header on back (if feasible)
Thanks

All in the exhaust has cost me about £650, only original part is the manifold but this has been ground out on the ports a bit. The extra cost for a full 6 branch header wasn't worth it for the small gain (£450 for a couple of hp) it has free flow cat converters in there and 1 silencer.

Yes it's a stainless steel system.

There pics within this thread tbh, don't have any on this phone

Another year and another mot, note the miles over last few years :icon-smile:

20160611_113603.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
While I've had the day off and the sun was out I got the kaymar fitted at long last
Got the bumper off and the bracket
20160628_122430.jpg

Some nice heavy duty bits of metal all bolted up. I was impressed the 2 captive nuts just needed a bit of oil on the bolts and they went in.
It's never had anything bolted into them!
20160628_130045.jpg
outer brackets and bearing spindle on with the bumper back on and holes drilled through to join the brackets
20160628_133507.jpg
swing arm on with the back chassis drilled for the clamp
20160628_155240.jpg

35 on quite nicely.
20160628_160837.jpg

It swings out very smooth and effortlessly
20160628_160904.jpg

The kit comes with a bracket to re locate the number plate, just need to make a square plate then wire up the lamp it comes with.

I'm going to have to add some extra lights in the bumper too as the passenger side is a bit covered if too close. Some nice bright led ones will do.
If buy a brand new kit it does come with extra lights but this was second hand.

Including the sudden downpour it took about an hour to fit even without instructions it goes together very easy

Nice one Gary, at least you can get at the bearing nicely for maintenance. Make sure you keep it well greased regularly, I've had no end of trouble with my ARB rear mount pivot bearings failing. It's a PITA.

Yeah it's easy to get to, has a seal that fits under the bottom bearing which fits up into the swing arm to keep the dirt out too, will be an extra thing for the regular maintenance but 10 mins would see the swing arm off, bearings greased and arm back on. the person who I bought it from got me a new fitting kit so came with new bearing, bolts and the smaller brackets, no point starting with old bolts etc.

It's a nice bit of kit and without having a steel bumper it works very well. I could've made something similar but not as nice lol

Hi, I love your truck its a lot like mine, but I don't have leather GS, how much would leather cost to put in? cheers Nat.

Cheers. You'll have to do an introduction post and show us some pics of your motor.

I couldn't tell you how much for a leather interior tbh. @karl webster is the man to speak to, he breaks them so might have a full interior.

thanks for the lead I'll get on to Karl soon, I will do the intro thing, need more time.

Karl usually responds well to a private message Nataily, especially when it comes to prices, he's a good guy to deal with. If you click your inbox in the top right hand corner, his user name is just Karl. Good luck.

Well I'm not greatly a fan of them but got some lights in the bumper now.
I think in time I'll either like them or find something else lol.
Can at least see the passenger side lights now with the 35 on

20160716_210747.jpg

Gary, all looking really good and to a standard we've come to expect from you. Plus that stir fry looked awesome. Nice job fella.

Gary, all looking really good and to a standard we've come to expect from you. Plus that stir fry looked awesome. Nice job fella.

Cheers Chris, it's been slow progress recently, lots of little jobs and not much time.
Trailer is looking great.

Going to make a table that attaches to the swing out too, has a fitment for a work light so will be perfect to extend the camping kitchen.

The stir fry had all the others we were camping with drooling lol, I'm taking full advantage of a proper fridge and a decent cooker. Even family picnics have been taken to a new level :icon-biggrin:

Well haven't been happy with the new lights. I can live with them being a bit fugly but they're supposed to be quite bright...well they're not that bright and the bumper is drilled etc for them so solutions needed.
The stop/tail not too bad, the reverse ok but the indicators are crap (that's more the lamp I've been concerned with being partly obscured on the body)

Well pulled them apart today and got busy with the soldering iron, fitted in 2 little extra strips of really bright leds in each lamp
20160726_220934.jpg

Well now I've got some nice bright indicators in the bumper and can see them quite well in direct sunlight, all for £2.54 from e bay :)

Also discovered my bike carrier doesn't work with the kaymar, can't swing it open and get into the drawers! Going to modify the bike carrier and make a piece removable so it'll work. Can't have the spare on either unless i extend the carrier, wheel can go underneath as long as no off road so not too bad, it already creates a big rear over hang
received_10154586227867345.jpeg

Looking good matey, all shiny again.

Remember this from 3 years ago?

Gary's 80.jpg

Looking good matey, all shiny again.

Remember this from 3 years ago?

View attachment 104061

Cheers.
It's usually shiny, got asked what wax I use the other day at the hand car wash, they put soap on and it just ran straight off lol.

It's changed a fair bit in 3 years but still looks similar which was my aim all along tbh.

Back