Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Can't help liking them, it's almost a shame to put them under the truck :lol:

Can't help liking them, it's almost a shame to put them under the truck :lol:

Too late they're on lol. Just need to bring my vac bleeder home tomorrow, gravity bled them and the pedal isn't too bad. Feel like an early finish is on the cards.

All bled up, need to drive it to bed the pads in.

Had the engine running while laid underneath and I've got a cracked cat converter :icon-cry: that'll be from when I bent the exhaust then! Slider needs to come off, the slider with a dent under the cats so has done it's job at least.

All bled up, need to drive it to bed the pads in.

Had the engine running while laid underneath and I've got a cracked cat converter :icon-cry: that'll be from when I bent the exhaust then! Slider needs to come off, the slider with a dent under the cats so has done it's job at least.

Shame about the cat crack (?)

You'll feel all the benefit when the pads have bedded Gary.

Mine are not so pretty, but a while back I had 3 pots refurbished, the 4th was the only one working properly.... :icon-rolleyes:

But what a difference! I can lock-up easy now, whereas before I'd be standing on the pedal with my head against the roof lining for leverage:lol:

I've got good brakes again :dance: got home after a drive out this morning to pick something else up, pads have had a bit of a bed in, now pulls up straight with no judder.

I'll drop the slider off during the week and weld the cat up (liking this leaving work on time) it's the front flange that's cracked just can't get into it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seems I'm over fuelling and need to re visit my mapping!! Now know why it's been popping on over run.

Melted holes in my sport's cats!!! Oopps

20170718_202927.jpg

20170718_205118.jpg

Last edited:
Shame about the cat crack (?)

You'll feel all the benefit when the pads have bedded Gary.

Mine are not so pretty, but a while back I had 3 pots refurbished, the 4th was the only one working properly.... :icon-rolleyes:

But what a difference! I can lock-up easy now, whereas before I'd be standing on the pedal with my head against the roof lining for leverage:lol:
I thought that's how they were? time for a brake overhaul I think...

Well the 80 has had some adjustments done and no longer over fuels.
Exhaust fumes smell much better and we've ironed out some flat spots.
Should be a bit more friendly to the new cats :whistle:
Pulls much better mid range now too, need to do an mpg check over a few tanks but is definitely using less.

Annoyingly the exhaust knock is back, it all runs close to the armour for the cats so needs a tweak.

While I've got some free time, I appear to be missing a few parts

20170803_121742.jpg

20170803_154542.jpg

Few bits of corrosion to sort out on the drivers side wing before it sets in.

The passenger side is getting replaced, behind the arch extension is a bit worse for wear towards the back and it's had a knock :whistle: need to re shape the front corner of the inner arch slightly too!! Arch extension has a crack to fix too, new side lamp to fit aswell :whistle::icon-rolleyes:

Wing is currently with my mate who did the tailgate, the other one will be going for a bit of paint too.
Need to order some new pin stripes to match the rest.

20170716_164610.jpg

It turns 20 years old on 21st August!! Time for a Little bit of tlc for the old girl.

Last edited:
While I've got some free time, I appear to be missing a few parts

View attachment 130964

View attachment 130965

Few bits of corrosion to sort out on the drivers side wing before it sets in.

The passenger side is getting replaced, behind the arch extension is a bit worse for wear towards the back and it's had a knock :whistle: need to re shape the front corner of the inner arch slightly too!! Arch extension has a crack to fix too, new side lamp to fit aswell :whistle::icon-rolleyes:

Wing is currently with my mate who did the tailgate, the other one will be going for a bit of paint too.
Need to order some new pin stripes to match the rest.

View attachment 130966

It turns 20 years old on 21st August!! Time for a Little bit of tlc for the old girl.
She deserves it. You know the saying, happy cruiser happy life.

Is that right?

Well ffs I've ended up chopping a bit out of the drivers side wing, after emptying the mud from the arch extension it was hiding some nasties :cry::cry: bottom rear corner is showing it's age, luckily it hasn't spread into the inner arch other then on the surface.

20170803_124914.jpg

All cut out, wasn't hard to get good steel at least

20170803_202350.jpg

Made a new piece that just need to weld in tomorrow morning and bash into a better shape.

20170803_211008.jpg

Reactions: Ben
Well, if it makes you feel any better both of my wings are shot, and the inners.

at some point ill be making a expensive trip to see mr Ts extended family..

Well, if it makes you feel any better both of my wings are shot, and the inners.

at some point ill be making a expensive trip to see mr Ts extended family..

Can see that being an expensive trip!!
They're getting on a bit now.

I'm contemplating taking the side steps off to make sure the sills etc are in good condition, look fine where I can get to them but while I've got some time.

If you can find a good backstreet metalworker, you can get a lot for your money. Here is even cheaper, but I've found a great workshop local to me, he welded new steel into a rear window surround, and did the rear quarters, and inner wing rot behind the arches on both sides for a club member as he was passing by, £500 all-in, paint and seal included, 4 days and he was on his way.

That's a good price Clive, its the time it takes which costs the money.
I've booked some time in with the wife while I'm off work, my mate is doing the paint.

Bit welded in, bit of filler and a splash of primer

20170804_160607.jpg

20170804_164959.jpg

It's going for paint tomorrow and I'm picking up the passenger side wing which needs fitting.

Looks like a nice job Gary, well timed as it may have only got worse with another winter.
My mot advisory said rusty inner sills so saving up for those now. The truck is 28 yrs old now so fair do's

Area behind the arch extension flatted and primed, the edge needed a good clean up where it's sealed to the inner arch. The paint was rubbed through by the arch extension too.
That's the extent of my involvement apart from re fitting it all

20170804_223707.jpg

20170804_223700.jpg

Back