Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

I'm contemplating swapping to At's at some point tbh, the Mt's are overkill for my actual usage on lanes etc, these break traction too easily in the wet too.
Actual usage? I just go to Sainsbury's in mine.

I don't play in mud at play sites and majority of the lanes I drive are rock, a set of At's prob bfg's would be better.

Tesco here mate, Sainsbury's car park is far too bumpy and rough :lol:

Yes, I've already booked time off work before I've even started back :dance:

I'm buggering off laning on the Saturday, meeting up with a group of mates from down that way.

I was Going to camp with them Friday, lane Saturday then camp with you guys Sat. Going to just setup camp with you guys as they're just over an hour away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think 35x12.50 is a 315/75 in new money though i can't be sure .

Looks great Gary i wish i could lend you my truck for a bit .

Cheers Shayne,
It's the same paint code just park at my mates bodyshop, might just auto pilot with it lol.

I've definitely cashed in a lot of my favours now. One of these days he'll make some money on one of my motors.

It does still have some of its scratches and little knocks here and there, isn't perfect but it's not doing too bad.

I can get a pro looking finish from a rattle can i just cant get a colour match so i reckon i need to bite the bullet and go at it one panel at a time .
Makes no sense for me to spend silly money on a respray when i know i'm not capable of going around things when i can see a short cut :)

My mate was saying the problem with 202 and a lot of blacks, it can look brown if don't lay enough colour on.

Would be a fair few rattle cans to do it, if you've got a compressor a small spray gun is just as easy, could do a side quite easily.

I think my problem is an over enthusiastic teen polished my truck until the paint burnt using air tools . A paint mixer bloke told me even a pro would have to hide any patching up by covering it and a much larger area with lacquer to deceive the eye and hide the fact the colour does not match .

Enough of the thread jack though your lucky enough to know a guy that can do it and there's no fault in that , maybe you should convince him to buy a BMW so you can start building up on favours owed again :thumbup:

Well since filling the tank we did a load of round town, bypass driving, stop start traffic, picked up a load of bags of gravel and did some shopping, also gave it a good clear out at speed, well that tank soon went. Filled back up Sunday eve, 11.8mpg averaged over that tank.

Today involved an early start for a day out, mainly motorway/dual carriageway with some 50mph road work sections, no hard accelerating and even behaving through a couple of tunnels (difficult to not floor it) not much stop start..... re fuelled it as got near home.

21.4 mpg average out of the old spirit burner. Quite happy with that. Mid range flat spot has gone, 65mph is around 2100rpm and will pull well from that without kicking the box down.
Fueling is definitely sorted now.

Have gained an exhaust drone at around 50mph and doesn't pop on overrun when hot anymore

Well since filling the tank we did a load of round town, bypass driving, stop start traffic, picked up a load of bags of gravel and did some shopping, also gave it a good clear out at speed, well that tank soon went. Filled back up Sunday eve, 11.8mpg averaged over that tank.

Today involved an early start for a day out, mainly motorway/dual carriageway with some 50mph road work sections, no hard accelerating and even behaving through a couple of tunnels (difficult to not floor it) not much stop start..... re fuelled it as got near home.

21.4 mpg average out of the old spirit burner. Quite happy with that. Mid range flat spot has gone, 65mph is around 2100rpm and will pull well from that without kicking the box down.
Fueling is definitely sorted now.

Have gained an exhaust drone at around 50mph and doesn't pop on overrun when hot anymore

On a long highway run, I get 19 mpg (15 liters/100km) out of the old HZJ, so I'd say you should be pleased with 21.4 from a petrol.

Off-road, I've managed to get it as bad as 13 mpg, but that's using low ratio a lot and low speeds, steep climbs etc.

Nice work Gary:thumbup:

On a long highway run, I get 19 mpg (15 liters/100km) out of the old HZJ, so I'd say you should be pleased with 21.4 from a petrol.

Off-road, I've managed to get it as bad as 13 mpg, but that's using low ratio a lot and low speeds, steep climbs etc.

Very pleased it'll do it, tbh it's hard to not open the throttle up when setting off, over taking etc, I love how It sounds and how well it pulls.

I use 98 octane which is usually 8pence a litre more then regular unleaded, it tends to return maybe 18 to 19mpg on regular, it's not a massive difference but it runs much smoother and pulls better so worth the extra cost.

Well figured I best make sure the 80 is in full working order after all the bodywork, weather has been nice and being a bank holiday we didn't want to sit in traffic. Few local lanes it was then..

20170828_122628.jpg

20170828_132031.jpg

20170828_132717.jpg

20170828_133723.jpg

20170828_133935.jpg

20170828_134237.jpg

Drove a few lanes, had a picnic up on the moors and had some ice cream in Grosmont.

Well the 80 still does it's duty and now very dusty inside as the lanes were quite dry.

Your truck is a beauty Gary, a real credit to you! :thumbup:

Good to see it doing what they do best!

Your truck is a beauty Gary, a real credit to you! :thumbup:

Good to see it doing what they do best!

Cheers Clive, it's always a pleasure to get it off the tarmac, the missus said it was good to watch it just roll over everything, even the bigger rocks etc are done with ease. Just touched down on a slider once so they're doing a good job.

Got a little knock from the rear every so often, sounds like the anti roll bar bush or something nothing major.

Sorry Clive did you just say you got off on having your asphalt?

Blimey Gary, she's growing up. You need to stop giving her Tomorite!

Yep growing up fast, 7 going on 13 i think with the attitude etc at times lol. Starts year 3 at school next week!

Back