Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my favorite ride

great looking 70! :clap:

on that first vid your running tractor tyres, can you do that on the road over there, or just off road?

second videos good, i didnt realise the screens folded flat, or is that a mod youve made?

ive always liked the look of those 70's, but on all the ones ive seen, apart from yours, they look like theyve got standard rear doors, so it looks like when the fibreglass top is removed, the glass at the top of the rear doors would been sticking up above the rest of the bodywork. :think:

if you look at the pic of the rear of the truck, on the link below, which is one that recently sold for a ridiculous amount of money on ebay over here, you might be able to see what i mean.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230687034605? ... 1129wt_932 :thumbup:

we are allowed to run tractor tires legally up to 35 mpg, i have had them to 70 mph coming back from a run. the down side is the cornering is dangerous due to the soft sidewalls and you can wear the rubber down in quite short order at those speeds due to the heat generated.
the 70 ragtop, 73/74 series and of course 75 series pickups all have fold down windscreens. the 70 ragtop is the only unit with the factory wind screen retainers and the double folding wiper arms.
the 70 ragtop is the only unit that has the 2 piece doors front and rear. these doors can be unbolted to make factory 1/2 doors front and rear.
this particular 70 ragtop has the factory elec locking diffs, factory snorkel and power steering and AC, all which are very rare on the 70 ragtop SWB.
the ragtop, unlike the 73/74 series never had the option for a removable hardtop so i took the hard top from the 73/74 series and cut it to fit my truck. the finished result was clean and ALMOST looks as if it came from the factory.
if you are interested, here is a link to the conversion:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/70-series-tech/ ... +70+ragtop
the engine is the 5 cyl PZ coupled with the R141 when i removed the R151. the gearing in the R141 is identical to the H41 where as the R151 was a nice highway tranny. I have had a "in the box" turbo sitting here for this truck since i bought it but i have had no reason to install it. happily, the muffler is on the way out so maybe i will stick it on when i change the system.

cheers and thanks for the compliment.
Wayne

side note:
there is 5 ragtop 70s in North America, i own 2 of them and imported one of the remaining ones.
This is a rarity:
1987 BJ70 ragtop, all original down to the split rims. it has the original 30,000 km on it and NEVER winter driven. It is a true survivor. When i saw this at auction it had 21,000 km and i couldn't pass it up. I had it shipped to Canada and when i open the doors it still had the factory shipping plastic on the inside of the front doors.

poor old girl gets driven about 2000 km a year and the rest of the time she sits, jealous of the red ragtop as it goes out to play.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

BJ70ragtop019.jpg

BJ70ragtop018.jpg

BJ70ragtop017.jpg

BJ70ragtop016.jpg

BJ70ragtop015.jpg

BJ70ragtop014.jpg

BJ70ragtop013-1.jpg

BJ70ragtop012-1.jpg

BJ70ragtop010-1.jpg

BJ70ragtop007-1.jpg

Very nice, even the steering wheel is on the right side ;)

i love it! :drool:

looks like a very clean tidy truck. :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back