Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My First Land Cruiser 1976 BJ40

Jennifer Iacovoni

Country Flag
united_states
I just purchased an 1976 BJ40. I was so excited about the condition of the vehicle and the price I just had to get it. Now it's in Costa Rica and I'm in the USA. I am working on the customs paperwork to bring her home but I can't find the exact location and address of the manufacturing facility where she was made. Does anyone know where I can find this? No manual with the vehicle and I have tried Vin# searches with no luck. Has anyone else imported a Land Cruiser who could offer some advice?

image1 (2).jpeg image2.jpeg IMG_0439.JPG

Hi Jennifer and welcome,

Your vin number should state the plant as A11. If so then the plant address:

Toyota,
Honsha Plant,
1-Toyota-cho,
Toyota City,
Aichi Prefecture
471-8571
Japan.

It is usually referred to as the 'Aichi' plant but there are two plants in the same prefecture. Source is Toyota-global.

Perhaps you could post a photo of your vin plate, as some trucks were built in South America. We should be able to tell you a little more about it from the vin.

Regards,

Rodger

Welcome aboard Jennifer, what a great looking 40, bet you can’t wait to get it home...

There’s a few aficionados on 40s here, Rodger being one of the most prominent.

Good luck with your home-coming quest :thumbup:

Hi Jen,
Lovely 40 you have there, miss mine but will have another one day.
Good luck with the repatriation and Welcome!

Hi Jen and welcome to this most friendly forum. Looks like a cracking good 40 there. Great to have you aboard. Keep us posted on how it goes.

You’ve made a great choice for your first foray into Landcruiser ownership.

Best wishes
Rich

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice. If all goes well she’ll be sailing on June 1st. I’ll definitely keep you all posted on my progress.

Welcome aboard and you have definitely found the right forum (as long as you don't object to the odd mickey taking, on occasion). Hope you have fun with this, nice looking truck :)

Welcome aboard and you have definitely found the right forum (as long as you don't object to the odd mickey taking, on occasion). Hope you have fun with this, nice looking truck :)

I’m definitely enjoying it so far.

Back