Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My green 80

Hans

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Well, after several months waiting, I finally got my 80 back. It has been baselined and fitted with some initial upgrades.

It has the OME 2 inch lift (rear OME 683 and front 850 coils) and the breather diffs/gearbox and safari snorkel fitted.

It has upgraded Cryo treated front and rear disks, front and back axles rebuild, timing belt replaced, oils changed, oil and fuel filter changed, rear diff lock actuator replaced as it fell apart when checking the diff lock, and some other ‘bits and bobs’ changed.

The truck has had a deep clean inside and out.

Next is to get rid of the surface rust and treat the underside of the car including repairing two small holes, one on each side in the wheel arches. Just waiting for some dry weather and I will need to get cracking with that.
There are some scuffmarks around the bumpers but not much. A few scratches on the doors but hardly any paint chip marks on the bonnet, which I’m pleased about.

I bought it with the ‘Runway Enduro’ tyres fitted and I will use those as long as I can, but will need to get some proper tyres early next year before I embark on my first serious trip.

So as you can see nothing exiting at the minute but it is a start. I will need to focus on the storage area and start working out what I need and where.

I can’t wait to get started…..

DSC_1483.jpg

DSC_1482.jpg

DSC_1479.jpg

DSC_1478.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1471-1.jpg

DSC_1470.jpg

Nice looking truck Hans.

Look forward to watching it progress.

Hi Hans, looks great, are you going to do any paint touch up's on the corner bumpers?

Whats next ?

Gra.

Looks good Hans, how are you finding the ride comfort with those springs and no extra weight?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys for all your kind words.

@Graham, I bought some T-Cut for the doors, can't remember now if it works on the bumpers too. Will definitely touch those up.

As far as next steps : - I need to get on with the underneath - rust treatment and small hole repair and then work on the storage compartment next I think. I plan to take it to Corsica next year as I like the trip Munster did. Looks like a gentle introduction for SWMBO to some overlanding/off-roading :icon-wink:

@Jon, yeah it is kind a hard and quite bouncy when you hit some potholes but I knew this would be the case until I start getting some weight on the truck. Took it to the Overlanding show last week-end, about 220 miles return, and it was OK-ish. Wouldn't fancy long trips though.

That looks very tidy Hans - look forward to seeing how your "build" progresses :icon-cool:

Back