Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My GS 80 lifted 3"

Andy Daws

Supporter
OME 3" lift, Springs & Shocks with Boss 4x4 drop boxes, Pedders adjustable Panhard Rods and Pedders lengthened rear lower Radius Arms.
Needs extended Brake pipes & Breathers & new Bump Stops.
Also needs bigger Tires....

3 inch lift 3.jpg
3 inch lift 4.jpg

OME 3" lift, Springs & Shocks with Boss 4x4 drop boxes, Pedders adjustable Panhard Rods and Pedders lengthened rear lower Radius Arms.
Needs extended Brake pipes & Breathers & new Bump Stops.
Also needs bigger Tires....

View attachment 165256View attachment 165257
Looks very good, don’t wait too long for the “needs” in my opinion this is how they should have left the factory, and complete with
285. 75 tyres, it looks perfectly “ in proportion” nice one, hope you get plenty of opportunity to use it for the way you’ve built it.
Best regards, Bill Westley

Thanks Bill, appreciate it.

285/75's or 255/85's , Mud's or A/T's....

Looks good Chris, but in my opinion, 35's would require a Diff Ratio drop, never ending circle :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd go with 285s, I looked at 255s but they're just too narrow especially running that amount of lift. Looks good though!

Yep, I'm probably going to go with 285 Mud's
I'm trying to source some Maxxis Razr's.

Ahh, when you said it wanted bigger tires .... I thought you meant bigger tires. My diffs are re-geared yes but there are many people running std diffs with 35's and no issues. Not really an issue in a manual.

Ahh, when you said it wanted bigger tires .... I thought you meant bigger tires. My diffs are re-geared yes but there are many people running std diffs with 35's and no issues. Not really an issue in a manual.
My old 12v auto is on 35s with 3 inch spring lift 2inch body lift and roof rack with standard gearing and goes just fine.

View attachment 165288285's and a 4" lift, wish i had gone for 35's though.
That is a very nice looking truck, I really like the front bumper, your comment about the size of tyres is interesting though, on my 80 (94 VX. 12 valve) 285 tyres made the speedo accurate , I’ve been off road and I’ve never thought that I if I had bigger tyres I might “ go further” The other matter is gearing, I have the standard auto and it copes well and I don’t know if bigger would make a difference, I have, since 1994 ish used the old man Emu lift and BFG All Terrains on Range Rovers, Discos ( 1 and2) and my Bruiser , all same setup, and I believe it would be hard to improve on or off road. Others may disagree.

That is a very nice looking truck, I really like the front bumper, your comment about the size of tyres is interesting though, on my 80 (94 VX. 12 valve) 285 tyres made the speedo accurate , I’ve been off road and I’ve never thought that I if I had bigger tyres I might “ go further” The other matter is gearing, I have the standard auto and it copes well and I don’t know if bigger would make a difference, I have, since 1994 ish used the old man Emu lift and BFG All Terrains on Range Rovers, Discos ( 1 and2) and my Bruiser , all same setup, and I believe it would be hard to improve on or off road. Others may disagree.

Cheers front bumper is made by N4, i was thinking 35's more for looks more than anything it would of just finished it off. it drives very well on the 285's but It used to be an auto and i have put a manual in it so i am running auto diff ratios so it pulls extremely hard down low and has lost top end speed and does sit in the high rpm's on the motorway, in the future it will be re geared. And the auto in the 80 is more than capable to handle 35's as long as its looked after imo i had a love hate with mine and i really wanted a manual before i bought it but the car was to good to pass on and then the box died and the manual went in, part of me wishes i had bought another and just re built it to high standard with bits from wholesale automatics in aus but a friend had all the bits for a manual swap and it was far cheaper.

Wh
285's and a 4" lift, wish i had gone for 35's though.

Personally I think it looks just right with the 285's, as does mine. Everyone to their own but I think 315's look a bit too much tyre and its just adding weight to get going, stop etc.
Smart looking 80 though, the wheels look "just right".

That's 2.5" lift and 35's. Gearing is fine (auto petrol) speedo is 2mph out, 70 shown is 72 actual etc.

IMG_20180708_125622_415.jpg

I have a set of 255/85r16 too, rarely use them tbh and can have traction issues with them on.
20160820_091302.jpg

Back