• Yes, keep its racing heritage

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its hard to guess the dimensions but could you instead mount one spare tyre on the front bumper ?

Its hard to guess the dimensions but could you instead mount one spare tyre on the front bumper ?

50" tyres that weigh 106kg each. Can't have them on front bumper as they're too big, but also VOSA/PLOD/VEGANS/REMAINERS/MUSELI EATERS/TREE HUGGERS/PROGRESSIVES would throw a fit..'elf and safety, innit .

If they protrude out the rear then VOSA/PLOD/MEAT EATERS/BREXITEERS/MUSELI HATERS/TREE FELLERS/REGRESSIVES would also go Ape!

StarCruisers ideas were pretty good!

StarCruisers ideas were pretty good!
Bloomin’ Eco! Must be something I ate!! :shock:

Depending on the diameter of the ‘ole in the Tyres, and you choosing the one behind (next to) option, I may know where there’s a bit of stainless tubing a foot or more round that may be able to find a new home, and potentially become a locker too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Overhead cupboards are now in, as is the new Halo lighting.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 18.36.13.png

The Hydraulic rams for the lift are now installed and the mechanism has had some design adjustments so it extends and retracts smoothly. It was bouncing on way out and in with weight on it. The improvements now make it rock solid when in operation and carrying weight.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 18.41.28.png

I'm still not wholly convinced it was the best solution. Fancy for shuwa... let's see how practical It will be.

What a difference. When you think what Mk1 looked like inside.

I'm still not wholly convinced it was the best solution. Fancy for shuwa... let's see how practical It will be.

I've been following this thread with interest as I spend a fair amount of time virtual tyre kicking at expedition trucks. I don't think I'll ever get round to doing one (Sprinter 4x4 excepted) but I still quite enjoy thinking about what I would do.

With this type of project, there are always compromises in time, cost and quality that de-rail your efforts to reach "the best solution". Once you are on about truck number six and all the lessons identified have been incorporated, you are probably most of the way to the best solution.

A couple of pics of the state of the build. It's been a real grind and not a particularly happy experience to get this far.

From the Head looking to the rear. The hole in the bed platform is emergency access to the garage.
IMG_1775.JPG

The workspace over the fridge with main Victron colour control and Eberspächer controls.
IMG_1781.JPG

The waterless incinerator lavatory.
IMG_1811.JPG

From the main seating area looking forward to the Head. With access hatch to drivers cab.
IMG_1780.JPG

The master switch panel for 12v & 24v with inverter batter charger controls.
IMG_1816.JPG

A couple of pics of the state of the build. It's been a real grind and not a particularly happy experience to get this far.

From the Head looking to the rear. The hole in the bed platform is emergency access to the garage.
View attachment 161878

The workspace over the fridge with main Victron colour control and Eberspächer controls.
View attachment 161879

The waterless incinerator lavatory.
View attachment 161880

From the main seating area looking forward to the Head. With access hatch to drivers cab.
View attachment 161881

The master switch panel for 12v & 24v with inverter batter charger controls.
View attachment 161882

I love the idea of a waterless incinerator loo...

Joking aside it looks amazing and I'm sure when you in the middle of a desert somewhere all the trauma of the build will be forgotten.

Wow! Looks awesome tbh. Well done. Would live to have a nosey on your way down south

That looks epic. Any chance you'd be installing a portable shower in your build too?

Did this get finished, or covid just put a pause on it? Read through your blog too, love the LC as well, will be taking some inspo from your interior layout.

Back