Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should get you to Calais then .....
Yep, and as I have to go freight, I'm going prepared to fend off illegals, trying to clamber into the truck. Should be fun!!

That is an epic machine.. to have the clearance, size and capabilities of the truck, with the performance to go with it... wow!! Yeah running costs are probably similar to the space shuttle, but without fellas like you doing this, fellas like me have nothing to drool over! Have though of doing a bus/camper conversion as I have the license, but that is unreal. Saw a similar machine in the Nurburgring museum earlier in the year.. Best of good luck with it, I'll certainly be reading!

You need to get yourself on theoverlander.org - the guys on there do all of this stuff - insurance, conversions, etc, etc...

Thanks Dave, am on that forum. Some very helpful and knowledgable individuals on there. It's a small group so limited and slow traffic.

True. Some of the guys are happy to engage off line though - very helpful if you have specific questions :)

COLOUR CHOICE HELP:

Guys I need some ideas on colour choice for the truck. I don't want it to remain Silver:
What I don't want:

Military green (obvious reason)
Camo anything
Zebra stripes

I'm looking for suggestions on what you think would be a good/suitable colour for this project.

Some kind of 50's/60's retro colour...?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well white is an obvious choice to keep it cooler. Incredible how my white trailer stays so much cooler inside. The nose box is black and you can cook pizzas in it.

Why not silver?

If another colour I would go white or a nice light blue.

A nice duck-egg type blue, or a nice beige.

I like Bedouin (Leyland), Carribean Turqouise (F0rd) or Pompadour Blue (Ford) from the cards below.

colorcode.jpe

paintcode-7072.jpg

paintcode-6467.jpg

Bedouin is pretty close to what I was meaning. Doesn't seem to show up the knocks and general crud either... :)

Bedouin is pretty close to what I was meaning. Doesn't seem to show up the knocks and general crud either... :)

Looks nice on a car. Would look great on a truck with black decals/features.

1971_MG_MGB_Bedouin_Beige_Michel_F_Soucisse_003.jpg

1971_MG_MGB_Bedouin_Beige_Michel_F_Soucisse_002.jpg

I rather like the broadcast vehicle trucks, usually Mercs in a metallic silver grey.
A bit like this (non Merc) bus turned RV…

Doesn't Bedouin come a little close to desert camo though? Ok, I know, my bus comes close to silver…fair point!

:)

What's 'that' gold colour called ........

Animal, that's a great help :thumbup::thumbup:... I like Bedouin too but may be too light on big truck. The Antelope is a good colour so is Sandy beige, El Paso beige, Healey Blue, Mist Grey...:think::think::think::think::think::think:

I think white would make it look too much like a DPD delivery truck.
Silver is too bland, and "THAT" gold is already reserved.

Well you have to decide on looks v function. What colour would you like it to be? That might be different in relation to what colour should it be. It should be white. I didn't say it would look nice in white. Personally I like that sort of mushroom compost colour. With black decals. You could cover the whole thing in solar panels then it could basically be black. OK so I figure darker colours look better but you'd better get some decent thermal barrier in there.

I’d go with gunmetal grey, but again thermal insulation would be an issue, which it will be with any colour IMO

I like zebra stripes - reminds me of watching daktari a while ago!

Back