• Yes, keep its racing heritage

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The truck has a new purpose and new life now, if you do want to do something, I'd keep it discrete. Personally, I prefer a stealthy look - less is more and all that... :wink:

the stickers would be ridiculous on a 'wannabee' racing truck which would not go any faster than 80 mph or so, but this is 'the real thing' with all racing specs and capabilities, so my opinion is to follow your boys heart and put those stickers on! No reason to be discrete, make it a real head turner !

Personally I wouldn't apply the stickers. As others have said a small one maybe inside as a nod to its former life. I like country flags to show where its been plus others stickers that you pick up along the way. For me its an overlanding truck these days so i'd decorate it as such. Just my personal approach.

I do like the colour tho. Great choice.

Well I’ve voted but if there was one for not applying but having a small discrete nod I would have voted that.

I voted no, but as others have said, a nod to it's previous life would be good.

It's probably more of a question about what type you are, than the truck. If you like to make a statement, and live up to a "racing image", then go for it. Otoh, since you are having this poll, I suppose you would be more happy a bit more stylish and anonymous. If you were very extrovert and show-off-ish, you wouldn't have asked: It would have been obvious that you would re-attach the stickers.
Analysis over. (Does it make any sense?)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's probably more of a question about what type you are, than the truck. If you like to make a statement, and live up to a "racing image", then go for it. Otoh, since you are having this poll, I suppose you would be more happy a bit more stylish and anonymous. If you were very extrovert and show-off-ish, you wouldn't have asked: It would have been obvious that you would re-attach the stickers.
Makes sense to me uHu.

Some interesting views, thanks guys, 6 to 5 against.

It's probably more of a question about what type you are, than the truck.

There are so many great looking overland trucks out there, but they all kinda look the same; country flags, a rose compass, a world map, etc etc . I want something a little different, something that stands this apart from other overland trucks.

If you were very extrovert and show-off-ish, you wouldn't have asked: It would have been obvious that you would re-attach the stickers.

I don't want to necessarily follow the conventional expedition truck format and look, but as I haven't personally done a Dakar/Silk route/Oilibya, I don't want to pretend to something I haven't done

I think the truck needs to keep some of its race heritage and pedigree, even though it will now be pulling a donkey cart on the back !

...I haven't personally done a Dakar/Silk route/Oilibya, ...
But the truck has, so I think you're OK there.
.... I want something a little different, something that stands this apart from other overland trucks.....
I think the truck needs to keep some of its race heritage and pedigree, even though it will now be pulling a donkey cart on the back !
Then go for it. It could look good, and certainly stand out.

Aye, do what makes you happy.

Example: personally I like military machines to look military - so I like Nato green. I do appreciate this is not the best depending on the circumstances, but it's my preference. So my ex-military stuff always looks ex-military.

Re your truck, I would go the subtle homage thing. But that's me. Go with whatever makes you happy. It's going to be a hell of a truck whatever, so just do it. My 2p.

I'm with the subtle nod if anything. This truck is a serious piece of kit, and perhaps deserves some homage to its former life, but for me, the shouty thing doesn't work. People with any knowledge of machines will know what it is easy enough. Those that don't wouldn't know the difference. You could sticker up a pizza delivery van and they'd buy it!

How about part of a fluttering chequered flag morphing into some mountains across the rear quarter of the sides? In perspective.

Maybe very nearby flag morphing into road going into the distance past Monday ntsins would work better.

Just a thought Lazz, if you did decide a heritage type sticker, whilst liking StarCruisers morph idea, a photo of its former self (such as post #1) wouldn’t look out of place, or maybe superimposed onto the morphed race flag / mountains idea.

Just a thought Lazz, if you did decide a heritage type sticker, whilst liking StarCruisers morph idea, a photo of its former self (such as post #1) wouldn’t look out of place, or maybe superimposed onto the morphed race flag / mountains idea.

Clive, I'm liking that idea !!:greetings-clapyell:

So finally build phase - 1, the chassis and cab preparation has finished. The truck looks fantastic and almost brand new, with new steps, mudguards, front grill, facia panels and a chassis that is good for a few hundred thousand kms.
fullsizeoutput_1d2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back