Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My overland camper trailer

Cheers Steve its arrival cheered me up a bit because while finally having someone to give me a hand to bleed the brakes properly after changing all the seals i broke the cylinder cast so i'm back to no brakes at all again :confounded:

Can't find a replacement wheel cylinder so bought a caliper bleed nipple insert drilled out the the old nipple thread and glued it in with JBweld . It will work or it won't .

Rapier wheel cylinder repair 001.JPG
Rapier wheel cylinder repair 002.JPG
Rapier wheel cylinder repair 003.JPG
Rapier wheel cylinder repair 2 001.JPG

I may have a wheel cylinder in the garage shayne will look tonight. I thought they were something like serra rears?

Anyway can't beat the JB weld it's amazing stuff.

I think Land Rover 101s are mentioned Stu, from a forum I read last night they are handed and obsolete. Girling ones.

Rover 109 and one of the old Jags or so I'm told , the guys that sell these things are proper anoraks and say supply is in fits and starts so I should just wait for the MOD to have another clear out .

I would be glad to have it if you can find it Stu :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyway can't beat the JB weld it's amazing stuff.
Used JB Weld yesterday on an interior plastic freezer door which my wife left open when she shut the main door and broke the hinge, one side of the hinge had to be smooth as it pressed against the fixed side of the hinge but I built it up on the opposite side to give it some strength it worked a treat, marvellous stuff.

The JB worked by the way but the saga continues .

Feeling sorry for myself because i can't go to the overland show i hooked the trailer up and went for a drive around to blow off the cobwebs . All good wouldn't know it was behind me but got home to find the other cylinder leaking slightly :icon-cry:

Cracked in the same place as the last i suspect .

Thats Awesome Shayne!

:text-+1: That's an excellent cover, Shayne :clap:

What's this 'I can't go to the overland show' just because of trailer brakes? I'd lock up the overrun and keep some extra distance behind the 80 in front of you.

You'll be fine. :icon-wink:

Reactions: Sag
Brakes still work well Clive i could head off with a bottle of fluid . I have had to wait for the police to tell me whether or not i must travel to the Isle of Man to discuss my boats collision and only when they said no and i mentioned getting my overland ticket did the boss inform me that i am to be taxiing kids all over the place this weekend for a birthday party !

Ah, now I know better than to suggest you arguing against that :lol:

Since you've posted photos of the trailer tent in full bloom, I can vouch for it being a proper cosy little home-from-home.

It even has flowery curtains at the windows, IIRC.

Its lovely inside and has everything you need.

The trailer looks bomb-proof. Shame about the brakes, but I'm sure you'll get them sorted.

Cheers mate its a nuisance is all when i had just started to look at what could be improved , i might have even washed it today had i not seen the leak :crazy:

Have you seen the Sankey build thread on Expedition Portal? He might have some pointers on brake cylinders etc...

It's a very simple set up Ed age is the problem whatever alloy Girling used to make the cylinders has grown weak and around the bleed nipple is the usual fail or so i'm told . Even if i bought new it would be old stock and i would be inclined to reinforce them with JB anyway .

Looking again at those cylinders Shayne, they look like they could be bored out to take an insert and standard bleed nipple. Let me know if you need done and I can ask the question.

That's pretty much what i did with the other sides cylinder Rich scroll up to see my precision engineering :lol:

I had to go shift the trailer today as its been in storage 10 miles away for 2 years and the inconsiderate bugger sold his house :lol:

Nothing to report really other than it was strange to see it again and for the very first time feel impressed with it .

Pictures Shayne Pictures you know we like Pictures

Nothing has changed since the last/first pics were posted on this thread Steve , it moved 500 yards into an identical garage which doesn't have a foot of clear space on both sides of the trailer . Sure made me want to bring it home and get to improving it though which brings me full circle to asking myself which cruiser has to go , i have no room or use for 3 :|

Wish someone would actually invent Sky Hooks that would make a huge difference to the storage space problem

Back