Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My trip to Wales photos link

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I've just finished sorting the photos of my rescent trip to Wales that I'm going to use in a Trip report later on, but thought you'd like to see them now as it may be a couple of days before I can get around to creating a trip report, I hope that you enjoy them :)

http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/af51 ... il%202011/

A taster :)

P3030042.jpg

P3030066.jpg

P3040113.jpg

P3040190.jpg

Do you happen tp have a gpx file of the route? Looks like great fun and i am looking at planning a trip that way in the next month or 2.

warrenpfo said:
Do you happen tp have a gpx file of the route?
:?: :? :shifty: Is that like a thick black biro line on a 1:50,000 scale OS Landranger map :?: :) If so then yes I have one :lol:

Looks like you enjoyed your first trip into Wales Steven. There some very good lanes in and around Wales, Nice selection of pics, I Can place nearly all the locations except the one running along the stream :think: Hope to see you out and about some time in the future on your next Welsh outing :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The last few look like Sarn Helen, as you come up past the CRAG bridge?

Paul

some good pics mate. :thumbup:

how did you find your first laning trip to wales?

that byway you did after strata florida that snakes around the reservoir for what feel like an eternity, is the byway i hate most in the whole of the UK. :thumbdown:

theres a UCR near the northern end of that byway that looks good though, its quite long on the OS map, and i was talking to some one who told me it took some landrover owners he knew 7 hours to winch there way across, as its very boggy. so ground anchors and winches are a must. :thumbup:

i like the next lane you did, the one at the bottom of the dam, its usually a lot of fun after heavy rain. :twisted:

ben said:

theres a UCR near the northern end of that byway that looks good though, its quite long on the OS map, and i was talking to some one who told me it took some landrover owners he knew 7 hours to winch there way across, as its very boggy. so ground anchors and winches are a must. :thumbup:

That one will never reopen, as it is a bottomless bog!!

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
ben said:

That one will never reopen, as it is a bottomless bog!!

Paul

whats the status of it please Paul?

is it TRO'd, turned into restricted byway, etc. :?

That's Monks Trod, I think it's permanantly TRO'd Ben. From what I've heard there's more than one green oval buried in that bog ;)

Steve, looks like you had an ace time of it but believe me when I say you've not scratched the proverbial surface when it comes to Welsh greenlanes yet, there's really that many of them. :cool:

Jim.

Paul_Humphreys said:
Keith, the river is on a private site in mid wales.

Paul

Ha ha ha had a feeling you would know where it was Paul :thumbup: . Between you and Jon I think iv'e just about covered all the legal lanes. :D

Back