Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my tuesday gripe at Toyota

I agree, and know what your saying .... Thanks
Im going to contact ebay ... to see if they can dig up the original listing, just to see how he worded the listing.. so fingers crossed its there.I cant remember what was said.... in the original sale

Re Calipers I have just got some TBR ones from Germany, refurb ones and need to send my old ones back, £80 a side or £110 if I done return the old ones. Need to fit them this weekend, but I couldn't rebuild mine for much cheaper...

Re Calipers I have just got some TBR ones from Germany, refurb ones and need to send my old ones back, £80 a side or £110 if I done return the old ones. Need to fit them this weekend, but I couldn't rebuild mine for much cheaper...
Yeh! I think they are cheap enough, They even come with seals, pistons , etc Not bad really

Im going to contact ebay ... to see if they can dig up the original listing, just to see how he worded the listing.. so fingers crossed its there.I cant remember what was said.... in the original sale
If you do a search for completed listings (in the filters) it could well be there still.

On the up side ( if there is one) I cant believe how cheap callipers are.. Just been looking at Milners.. Are they ok..
I just fitted a pair of callipers from ebay by KV distributors £135 for the pair and they are super quality , hard to believe I know at that price , I was shocked by how good they were , My brothers mates advised him to tell me . fitting them is 15 mins a side very easy job . but takes some pumping the pedal right down to the floor to bleed after it firms up with the electric pump instead of normal sevo . original callipers seem to be a weak point on 120s . I changed the brake fluid back to dot 3 as I changed the fluid about 12 months ago to dot4 , and I have herd dot4 is bad for the piston seals in the original callipers . and I think it could be why my front callipers started sticking , the breaking now has been transformed with the new callipers .

Last edited by a moderator:
I rejected my 95 under the Sales of Goods Act after 6 weeks when the axle turret snapped along with both rear shocks. Got all my money back less £100.

I’d be going back to the dealer and asking him to sort all the problems.

This is from another site but sets out the legal position

‘Between 30 days and 6 months
If a fault comes to light after 30 days but before 6 months have passed then you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. It is assumed in law that the fault was present at the time of purchase unless the seller can prove otherwise. During this period, unless you have agreed otherwise, the seller (dealer) has only one opportunity to repair (or replace) the faulty vehicle after which, if they fail to repair it, you are entitled to a refund.

In the event of a refund following a failed attempt at repair during the first six months the seller is permitted to make a 'reasonable' adjustment to the amount refunded to take account of the use that you have had of the vehicle since you bought it.’

Oh and for calliper refurbs try Bigg Red. Cracking service on mine last year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just fitted a pair of callipers from ebay by KV distributors £135 for the pair and they are super quality , hard to believe I know at that price , I was shocked by how good they were , My brothers mates advised him to tell me . fitting them is 15 mins a side very easy job . but takes some pumping the pedal right down to the floor to bleed after it firms up with the electric pump instead of normal sevo . original callipers seem to be a weak point on 120s . I changed the brake fluid back to dot 3 as I changed the fluid about 12 months ago to dot4 , and I have herd dot4 is bad for the piston seals in the original callipers . and I think it could be why my front callipers started sticking , the breaking now has been transformed with the new callipers .
Good call Tony, Just found 'em' on e bay £135 for the pair...:thumbup:

Back