Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My wife and her choice of new vehicle

What about some BFGs? Go on......you know you want to!!

:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

What about some BFGs? Go on......you know you want to!!

:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:
Naw,

As good as I rate the BFG AT I could not possibly think about putting them on the Touareg.
They just wouldn't be right.
The speed rating is about three grades too low for the Touareg.

This not us doing this speed.
But same vehicle.

Graham
146.PNG

@Graham be careful with tyre change. there are limits to what you can have side to side ad front/back.

From memory i think its 2mm difference in tread depth on the same axle and 3mm difference between the front and back axle or you risk transmission wind up at high speeds on the AWD system.

but please check this data as its only coming from what i can remember reading.

Il be buying 4 new Michelin crossclimates nearer winter. so will have some part worn good year suv's for sale.

Regards
Joe

Last edited:
@Graham be careful with tyre change. there are limits to what you can have side to side ad front/back.

From memory i think its 2mm difference in tread depth on the same axle and 3mm difference between the front and back axle or you risk transmission wind up at high speeds on the AWD system.

but please check this data as its only coming from what i can remember reading.

Il be buying 4 new Michelin crossclimates nearer winter. so will have some part worn good year suv's for sale.

Regards
Joe

Hi Joe,

I am aware of the limitations on front to rear, and left to right, I believe it causes more slip in the diff's, not quite sure it is wind up.

I plan on fitting a new pair of tyres this weekend.

Not half as expensive as I was expecting

275 x 45 x 20

Cheapies start at £65.00
Mid range around £90.00
Then the Mich Conti Sports at almost £200 a corner.

Middle of the road, £100 a corner is fine for commuting.

Graham

You are joking,

At the moment I would be hesitant to drive it to London.
Even with less than half the miles on than my 120 series had on.
The outgoing 120 series, well, I could trust that to round the world, or Noordkaap, to Cape Agulhas

There was a beautiful 64 reg 150 series for sale, which we briefly looked at.
Wonderful pearlescent white paint,

But was three times the price of out Touareg.

Still, our old 120 was a fine vehicle, with lots of trust in it.

Graham
2 Passenger side.jpg
18 All front lights.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad you and the wife are happy with your purchase Graham its the right colour anyway , i do sometimes wish i could get it out of my head that the newer you buy then the more ludicrious rules you buy into , bullbars , towbars , tyres , exhaust , Mein Fuhrer = bollox its mine and i will do what i damn well please to it and with it hence i can't buy newer .

Back