Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NEC Bike show?

Bodhi

Country Flag
wales
Anyone heading over this year?

Normally I've found it bit of the same old thing, but as Triumph have announced the 2016 Thruxton R I'm feeling ino lined to go. :thumbup:

And the new Tiger Explorer :)

Too far for me though ...

And the new Water-Cooled Bonneville :icon-cool:.

I haven't been for a few years (I used to do the two-way trip in a day on a bike but the traffic is getting to me these days - a BMW R1150 GS Adventure is not ideal for filtering :lol:).

Bob.

Is the Tiger Explorer the same as an 800xc? They're getting to be quite popular over here with the dual sport/adventure riders.

Delz has an XT600EB as her bike, and is going to run that until it dies or I decide to learn how to ride, and then she'll get a newer bike... not sure what yet possible a Suzuki DR650

The Tiger Explorer is the 1200cc version with shaft drive and a pile of electrickery ito drive-by-wire and fancy traction control etc. Big bike - no good for commuting unfortunately :(

The Tiger Explorer is the 1200cc version with shaft drive and a pile of electrickery ito drive-by-wire and fancy traction control etc. Big bike - no good for commuting unfortunately :(

Why not? I spent many years commuting on ST1100, GS Adventure and Multistrada 1200, always into big towns and cities.

I'll be there on the first Saturday, the new Multistrada Enduro has me tempted as it deals with my major bugbear from the old bike - a decent sized fuel tank.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used to use my BMW 1200 G'S to commute in London. It was on for all but the tightest of slots. Good for the pot holes though and a commanding view of the road. My Tiger 800 X was better though, a bit more agile.

Pity it wasn't the second Sat Drew I can't really go till then.

Let us know how you get on.

I used to use my BMW 1200 G'S to commute in London. It was on for all but the tightest of slots. Good for the pot holes though and a commanding view of the road.

The big GS' are great for that, well planted and with a truck-driver's view of the traffic.

Unfortunately I've usually got a full set of 'Metal Mule' panniers & top box fitted when I'm out there - they are 39" wide :shock: - it concentrates the mind :lol:.

My '100 GS' is more nimble but doesn't have the sophistication of the 1150 :icon-wink:.

Bob.

The big GS' are great for that, well planted and with a truck-driver's view of the traffic.

Unfortunately I've usually got a full set of 'Metal Mule' panniers & top box fitted when I'm out there - they are 39" wide :shock: - it concentrates the mind :lol:.

My '100 GS' is more nimble but doesn't have the sophistication of the 1150 :icon-wink:.

Bob.

Haha I know that feeling. I used to always make sure that my rear end was never wider than my handle bars

Back