Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need help asap 80 series petrol/gas

Mackenzie

Country Flag
australia
Need help with my 80 series landcruiser, 4.5l petrol/gas it has been laying around the yard and the other day i went to go fire it up but it didnt so i went down and got a new battery, it ticks over but wont fire up.

is this a fuel problem or something else need help asap!

Welcome Mackenzie. They're a helpful crowd here, but I suspect you're lacking some basic details that would assist them with useful answers.

such as:

Have you checked there's petrol in it? Or has someone stolen the spark plugs? Simple items that will allow them some clues to the real problem!

good luck! :lol:

Last edited:
I think we need more info on this to be able to help.

you say it ticks over but doesnt fire? do you mean that the starter spins but the egine doesnt fire?

do you have sparks at the plugs? is fuel getting to the engine?

their is new fuel in their clive

and i mean like it doesnt fire up

and im only 17 with no dad so it is kinda hard :(

but all solutions might help thanks

welcome

does it have an immobiliser

is there enough juice in batteries to turn starter fast enough to start it?

Firsat thing to check take out a spark plug and put the plug back into the ht lead. then earth the plug ie lean it on the engine must be touching metal(dont hold the plug) and get some body to turn the car over so that you cvan look at the plug to see if there is a spark.

now if you are getting fuel the plug should smell of fuel and be damp.

If your not getting a spark take the distrubutor cap off and clean the contactors up with some sand paper until they are shinny do the same on the rotor arm the bit that looks t shaped and spins in the cab.

Make sure you put the cap back in the same place as it comes off mark it with something first. the cap is the bit the leads from the spark plug goes to.

sorry if it is written to simple but i thought you didnt know.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back