Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need help with what cylinder head to use!

Vinny

Hey can someone tell me how to distinguish what 3b head il need (either with head bolts inserting around the perimeter or through the middle), just by looking at exposed block?cheers

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking but if you have the block then the engine number should be stamped on the right hand side, and that number will tell you, or forum members can tell you, what engine and series you have and therefore what head.

Regards,

hey i think i was a bit confused myself. i thought 3b heads varied twice with the pattern of headbolts but apparently not.your right ill have to check it. with the brand new head im looking at buying, the seller states i may need a rocker cover change if my engine is older than 87?

Try putting your VIN number into www.Toyodiy.com and it should tell you everything you need know about your truck, year, equipment, etc.
No point in spending money you don't need to.

Regards

hey i checked it out and it helpd. thanks a lot for that mate
regards Vinny

:thumbup: hi Vinny it's Tony I have a 3B engine and box for £350 if it is a help .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi guys
There seem to be a lot of different cylinder heads for 3B.
I am stuck with one for my bj 60 rg_krc here in Malawi. My engine uses a 58050 head but somehow I ended up with a different one with a cast number 58014 .
It uses the same valves but different rocker cover and exhaust manifold.
Does anyone know if this head works on my engine? What are the differences? Jurgen.

Back