Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 series owner

Very ice. Enjoy it pal. Where in Oz are you?
We are up in Cairns, local car so no rust at all underneath which is nice! Love living here....1 hour out of the city and you are literally in the middle of nowhere

Hi all,
Moved over to Australia from the UK about a year ago and having seen so many 80 series running around over here had to get myself one, it’s a big thirsty petrol but only gets used on weekends.
Plans are snorkel and lift kit plus sort out all the little niggles (nothing major)
Very nice, welcome - nothing wrong with petrol by the way!

That’s a super clean looking beast you’ve got your hands on there Olly, a little envious of the “no rust” scenario...

Welcome aboard, there’s plenty of Ozzy members, and 80s, so the forum will fit you like a glove.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi all,
Moved over to Australia from the UK about a year ago and having seen so many 80 series running around over here had to get myself one, it’s a big thirsty petrol but only gets used on weekends.
Plans are snorkel and lift kit plus sort out all the little niggles (nothing major)
I think that's the same colour as mine - "Moonglow" I believe it's called - sort of almost metallic grey......................... looks brilliant at sunset. Anyway, how much is petrol vs diesel over there?

I think that's the same colour as mine - "Moonglow" I believe it's called - sort of almost metallic grey......................... looks brilliant at sunset. Anyway, how much is petrol vs diesel over there?
It’s a great colour, had some paintwork done at some point but it’s been done fairly well, just a little clear coat fade on tailgate that I will get done before the summer, Diesel prices slightly higher than petrol, petrol is about $1.55 at the moment (works out about £0.85 a litre for comparison)

Hi ollyb, just joined as well, so welcome.
Envious of your location, just an hour away for shear enjoyment!
Tom

Cool looking 80 you have there Olly, welcome :thumbup:

We are up in Cairns, local car so no rust at all underneath which is nice! Love living here....1 hour out of the city and you are literally in the middle of nowhere

Cairns is nice, good starting point for the Cape.

Back