Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New axles

Analogue man

So I’ve got myself a pair of locking axles to go under my import 80 instead of the LSD. I can’t be the first to do this so how has everyone else wired up the lockers?

Did you check for an existing wire loom already in place ?
Do you also have the 4wd ecu?

Did you check for an existing wire loom already in place ?
Do you also have the 4wd ecu?
Yeah as above the loom is normally tucked up there somewhere. If not I believe the plug to accept it is in the area of the brake master on the bulkhead on an import.

I don’t think I’m going to try and set it up as the standard Toyota setup, its complicated and would need a lot of hard to source parts. I’m thinking of just a couple of switches and some warning lights. Has anyone done it this way?
Also there is 5 or 6 wires into the diff lock actuator, has anyone got a wiring diagram for these or an explanation of how they need wiring. Thanks.

Quite a while back there was a fella who set up and adapted the 80 lockers to air operated. Which I thought was a clever way to get around this and it looked to be a very good way to get an alternative method to the electronic oem way.

I have a set of manual locking axles and an import 81 originally auto but converted to manual running 35's but would never dream of running the manual gearing. It just loves the auto gearing! Lol!

If you're running on board air then the air route is the winner regarding the locker conversion! :thumbup:

1586676313816.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
alternative with a pneumatic piston. I find this a very elegant solution. I found this somewhere on ih8mud.

IMG_0283.JPG

Last edited:
I’d looked at a pneumatic option and a cable option but I think the standard set up with a made up loom and switching system is the easiest to fit and closest to the factory OEM setup. So far I’m looking at a couple of carling switches, warning lamps and relays.

Back