Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Bloke from SA saying Hi

Pauly

Country Flag
australia
Hello Everyone,
Great Forum for a Cruiser owner.
My Avatar is my first 4x4 purchased in 1997.
Its only just been pulled out of storage after 6 years.
Full service coming up
have a great day
Cheers
Paul.

Welcome Paul, looking forward to photos and hearing about your truck.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks Guys,
My kids got me up & running.
I have to get them to do the computer stuff for the photos etc
Sorry, I still use "liquid paper" & "wright cheques"

Great looking truck Pauly , I’m sure you’ll enjoy it here.

Hi and welcome Paul. Great looking truck, good to have another 40 and it’s owner on board.

As said, more photos of your truck will be most welcome.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for a warm welcome everyone
found a few more pic's
The photos were taken 20 years ago

Cheers
Pauly

1.jpg 2.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 3.jpg 9.jpg

Welcome aboard Paul and your faithful 40:thumbup:

I can see from your photos it hasn’t exactly been standing on the driveway since 1997, despite 6 years in storage :lol:

The Pic attached is what I started with & what I got now
To be honest I'll take the 40 before I take the 200 regardless if its to the shops or the big lap now she's up & running

4.JPG

Forgot to ask
Were is the best place to get a service manual for the 40?, I put mine away in such a safe place I cant remember were it is.

Cheers
Sorry to come across as dumb, but how do you read the messages.
I got 5 but it's saying I've got none

That's not your number of posts is it? What we would all think as a message on here is called a conversation and your number of posts, messages

Thanks Nick
Still working it out mate
I didn't want to come across as rude for not answering some messages.

Screenshot_20190701-124749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well where it says messages there it means posts so the next time.you write something have a look and it should have changed to 8

Don’t worry Paul, we were all new here once, in fact twice ‘cos Crispin went and changed the whole forum a while back so we all had to re-learn it. :lol: We’re a pretty friendly helpful bunch on here so nothing’s too much trouble really.

The Pic attached is what I started with & what I got now
To be honest I'll take the 40 before I take the 200 regardless if its to the shops or the big lap now she's up & running

View attachment 156981
Is that what you call storage... when mines in storage it means its parked in the nettles for a few years:lol: Cracking storage facility you have there!..... Welcome Mate! Love the 40:thumbup:

Hi Paul,
Service manuals: in the download section of this forum are service manuals for 40s (three of them) plus engine manuals, B series, H series and F series and g/box manuals but I think maybe you have to have 15 posts to access them (could be wrong).
You have not said which engine you have but Haynes do a manual for 40 with F engine which is pretty good as so much is the same chassis and body wise on both petrol and diesel 40s.. Personally I have never got on with the Ellory manual but that's personal choice.

Love the pics! IMO 40s should be used off road as it is such an incredible truck. Like you I always use the 40 perhaps because it is our only vehicle and the pension would not stretch far enough for a 2nd vehicle, even if I wanted one. With a 40 you are in touch with the world beneath and around you.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks all,
The motor is a 1984 - 3B - 3.4 ltr. 4 cyl. Diesel.
Been putting a bit of stuff on the 40 for the last couple of weeks
be trying it out this weekend
Ill take some pic's
Cheers
Pauly

Back