Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New exhaust for the 80

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Looking at replacing the whole system on the 80.

I'm considering a side exit custom made one. I'm sure I have seen a few threads on here in the past but can't seem to find them right now.

Not sure to go for single box, twin box, 2.5", 3".... any recommendations as to who to does a nice job and is not too far from Shropshire.

Found what I'm looking for, please delete thread if you want Chris/Cris.

Looking at replacing the whole system on the 80.

I'm considering a side exit custom made one. I'm sure I have seen a few threads on here in the past but can't seem to find them right now.

Not sure to go for single box, twin box, 2.5", 3".... any recommendations as to who to does a nice job and is not too far from Shropshire.
Has anybody mentioned Pro Speed yet?

Where are they Chas? Somewhere pretty central?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now stop it or I'll have to delete this thread. Ha ha

I know a bloke called Charlie who will make whatever stainless exhaust you want from scratch while you wait :eusa-whistle:

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Got this from some place in Wales, what were they called...?

Got this from a place 2,000 miles from South Wales (give or take) full length, in that same scratchy stuff...

Got this from some place in Wales, what were they called...?
Have you got a photo of that on your 80? How low is the side exit? Does it compromise off-road abilities?..... I'll think of more questions I'm sure :icon-biggrin:

Have you got a photo of that on your 80? How low is the side exit? Does it compromise off-road abilities?..... I'll think of more questions I'm sure :icon-biggrin:
I've only been to lincomb and done a couple of lanes following stumog round the planes and it doesn't seem to get in the way at all but I admit it's the first thing I check when I get out!
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
IMG_6759.JPG
You can't see it unless you're at a distance, it's all tucked away except the very end. I'll take a photo from the side tomorrow.

And I made mine for nothing out of the original cut up and welded back together. Stainless on a diesel? Can't see the point.

We're not all as talented as you Chris!

Mine exits behind the rear wheel, hole cut in the bumper to keep it out of the way. Done more local to york though.
If it was in front of the wheel I would have squashed it by now.
2.25" down pipes into 2.5" with one silencer and 2 free flow cat converters as it uses proper fuel :whistle:

And I made mine for nothing out of the original cut up and welded back together. Stainless on a diesel? Can't see the point.

'Cos mild steel rusts even on diesel's.

The original fell apart at 11 years old when I bought my truck and a Mr T replacement MS lasted 7 years.

That's why I bought stainless.

Thanks Nick.

My off-roading is done on desert tracks and rocky pistes so my concern would be getting the side exit wedged on a rock and ripping the thing off. If you have more photos tomorrow that would be good.

Back