Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New exhaust....to go 2.5 or 3 in?? Thoughts?

They asked me to get a gasket to use for making the new flange up, has anyone got a part number or supplier?

Have a look on Toyodiy. Simon Holton at Steven Eagell Toyota is probably your best bet to buy new. See what others say though.

Any indication on price Rob & co?

I got mine from performance exhaust in Aus. Definitely not the cheapest option but I had 3 exhaust places not get back to me or mess around one way or another so I went for the easy option. Was busy with harvest at the time and needed minimal fuss! Was around £800 I think but that includes a centre section with a silencer and one straight through too so you can pick and choose. 6 days to my door and under 2 hours to fit, all original mounts, it’s a perfect fit. I only needed to trim one of the brackets on my kaymar rear bumper for clearance.

Rob

They asked me to get a gasket to use for making the new flange up, has anyone got a part number or supplier?
I have one In stock.
I payed about 700 sovs for mine. Resonator and silencer made in house.

Dumb question probably but i'm not going out in the rain messing so i can see - but can i be sure a 1997 Amazon 24 valve 80 has a CT26 turbo .

I just realized its m.o.t time next month and i blagged/botched a failed exhaust downpipe last time by basically saying get stuffed it will be replaced with a 3" stainless just as soon as you give me the pass so i can drive it .

I want to order the turbo flange just to make life easy for Charlie .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah, I want to get one of them too, is the aperture 3" or will it need enlarging?

I’ve been going the ‘make your own downpipe’ route (well, get someone else to weld it that is). Made up a jig from the scrap downpipe Trevor kindly brought to Stratford (thanks Trev :) ).
29A087E6-7798-4E59-AF9A-E031E2329348.jpeg
Then cut all the bits. Then started having flanges made up as I couldn’t find them. Then looked on eBay and found them, so cancelled the flanges (well what’s left of them). Got this far.
D2CCE0B9-28A6-41CF-9B65-E0E9FA61466D.jpeg

I was dead impressed (shocked actually) that I folded up the bracket to all but fit first time! This is following the standard parts and will be interchangeable as bits fail.

Flanges due in this week. MOT at the end of the month.

Dumb question probably but i'm not going out in the rain messing so i can see - but can i be sure a 1997 Amazon 24 valve 80 has a CT26 turbo .

I just realized its m.o.t time next month and i blagged/botched a failed exhaust downpipe last time by basically saying get stuffed it will be replaced with a 3" stainless just as soon as you give me the pass so i can drive it .

yes. unless of course someone else has replaced it.
to be sure, im afraid youll have to pop the bonnet..:)

Except is out of stock!

I’ve looked at this quite a bit (well, the spare one I got from Simon) and I reckon there’s little to no benefit in replacing the dump pipe as the one on the 80 is short and direct and probably exceeds the actual output of the turbo itself (would be good if someone has a turbo they could measure). The other thing is it looks an utter bar steward to fabricate the tubing around the bolt holes and still be able to get in and fit the thing.

I therefore decided not to bother and to go 3” from there onwards.

Now the 90 is an entirely different story.

This one was made Richard on mine....I have the old flange in storage.....What measurements do you need?

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0541.JPG

Thanks Dervis, I was thinking of the port inside the turbo where the exhaust just leaves the turbine itself. Where the turbine pokes it’s nose through. :)

Except is out of stock!

I’ve looked at this quite a bit (well, the spare one I got from Simon) and I reckon there’s little to no benefit in replacing the dump pipe as the one on the 80 is short and direct and probably exceeds the actual output of the turbo itself (would be good if someone has a turbo they could measure). The other thing is it looks an utter bar steward to fabricate the tubing around the bolt holes and still be able to get in and fit the thing.

I therefore decided not to bother and to go 3” from there onwards.

Now the 90 is an entirely different story.
the general consensus is the stock dump pipe restricts flow. im all for challenging the norm. I guess the only way to know for sure would be a flow/pressure test, or however exhaust performance is tested.

Thanks Dervis, I was thinking of the port inside the turbo where the exhaust just leaves the turbine itself. Where the turbine pokes it’s nose through. :)

Sorry I thought you meant the flange part of the exhaust. My turbo is at the cousin garage in the city. Can have a look next time im there if no one helps you out before then.

Just wanted to point out that there is a significant size difference from stock to a 3.5in flange connection shown here.

IMG_0523.JPG

Basically and it must be basic because its the way i see it , when the turbo wastegate opens , every time you back off acceleration , it bleeds off pressure into a standard downpipe already working near full capacity . 3" lets it simply dump the boost pressure so it can start building again . Your not removing restriction so much as freeing your turbo to do what is does without an unnecessary hindrance .

Basically and it must be basic because its the way i see it , when the turbo wastegate opens , every time you back off acceleration , it bleeds off pressure into a standard downpipe already working near full capacity . 3" lets it simply dump the boost pressure so it can start building again . Your not removing restriction so much as freeing your turbo to do what is does without an unnecessary hindrance .

Sounds technically right there Shayne. Only thing ive yet to add to the mix is a larger turbo that which im sure will utilise the larger down pipe and exhaust as a whole.

Back