Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New FJ40 owner from Minnesota.

Nothing beats cheap power. Good engine choice.

Well 120mm I just picked up a complete running 2F motor out of a 76 FJ40. I now have the motor, tans, and transfer case from a 76. I just think it will make for a easier swap and I like the idea of a all Toyota driveline. I will save the Chevy V8 for something else down the road.

A

Big A, that will be a good project shorty! The 2f Engines are quite easy to rebuild and with a little tuning and tweaking can make some reasonable power. Just remember they never were or ever will be cheep on fuel! I was getting around the 20 liter's per 100 kilometers, I am not sure what that works to In U.S. Mile/gallons. But the cruisers are great.

Lol 2f and economy, .....

My current vehicle is named in honor of one of the first fj47 pick ups in our family that averaged 4 or 5 km per lt of petrol, unless you are talking beach work when 1km for 1 lt was good.
We used her for oyster gathering and she seldom ran with less than a one ton load on the beach in south africa.
Her engine was modified with a weber carburetor off a 3lt ford V6 which was re jetted for power not economy.
Her engine note when on song was glorious and at idle you could smell the petrol in the exhaust, when hot she had a glorious smell from her engine, so many fond memories of that truck.

Yeah I don't expect to get good miles per gallon. Mostly going to drive it around where I live to get me to some great fishing, hunting, and camping spots.
I really thought I would have the engine in and running by now but its has been a busy summer and time is running out and winter will be here soon. I have painted most of the undercarriage with Chassis saver black paint and it is looking good.

Thanks

A

Back