Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New LC 100 owner, lots of questions.

Silviu

Country Flag
romania
Hi,

I recently bought a 2000 100 series Land Cruiser, 4.2 Diesel, 5speed manual, 5inch OME lift.
I have a few questions:

1. At what rev should I usually drive (shift gears)?
2. I doesn't have factory navigation/display. Is there a way to see the fuel consumption ?
3. Seat memory buttons either don't work or I don't know how to use them.
4. On the lighter socket there is no power when the keys are not on ACC, is there a way to change that? And also, if I leave the keys on ACC for a long time, could I have issues because of it?
5. Inside the arm rest box there are two things, something like a cassette (cd changer) that I don't know how to remove and some box that says Nokia on it :)
2017-05-19 17.14.45.jpg
2017-05-19 17.14.58.jpg

Thank you for your help, I'm sure many questions will follow.

...a 2000 100 series Land Cruiser, 4.2 Diesel, 5speed manual, 5inch OME lift.
I have a few questions:
1. At what rev should I usually drive (shift gears)?
2. I doesn't have factory navigation/display. Is there a way to see the fuel consumption ?
3. Seat memory buttons either don't work or I don't know how to use them.
4. On the lighter socket there is no power when the keys are not on ACC, is there a way to change that? And also, if I leave the keys on ACC for a long time, could I have issues because of it?
5. Inside the arm rest box there are two things, something like a cassette (cd changer) that I don't know how to remove and some box that says Nokia on it :)

5" lift ?? Careful that you don't topple over.

1: Get an Auto :)
2: No way to get the consumption, afaik. At least I coudn't find a way on my 2000. Later years have a fuel flow sensor.
3: Seat memory buttons are a bit tricky. Can't remember exactly how to program them, but something like: handbrake on, door closed, hold button in and press the other for x secs. Or whatever it was. You don't have the Owner's Manual?
4: That is normal. You could rewire the original socket(s), but I recommend running a new (fused) cabel (from the battery) and mount a new socket where you need it.
There is no problem keeping the key on Acc for hours; the problem would come if you use up all the energy in the battery (supposing you want the Acc on because of something you have plugged in).
5: If you don't use the CD-changer, you'll find a recipe for removal on mud. The Nokia thingy would be a anno 2000 mobile phone, not?

Last edited:
That db9 port on the Nokia is strange. Don't think i have seen something like that before. Google seems to think it's the bar for a Nokia 810 hands free kit ( that can also act as a modem ... for 1.5g era speeds)

I think I can help with the memory seat.

The car needs to be stopped and in neutral handbrake on door closed.
With the ign on set the seat to the desired possition then press and hold the set button and seat number together you will hear a short bleep to confirm the settings have been saved, its the same for both 1 & 2.
If the battery is disconnected the stored settings are lost.
Hope that makes sence?

5" lift ?? Careful that you don't topple over.
My mistake, I'm used to think in centimeters, so it's a 5cm (2") lift :)

I think I can help with the memory seat.

The car needs to be stopped and in neutral handbrake on door closed.
With the ign on set the seat to the desired possition then press and hold the set button and seat number together you will hear a short bleep to confirm the settings have been saved, its the same for both 1 & 2.
If the battery is disconnected the stored settings are lost.
Hope that makes sence?
Thanks, I will try it out.

Also another thing that gives me trouble is the alarm system. I don't know how to shut it down when opening with the second key ( I would rather it wouldn't sound at all ).

Back