Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member moving from St Albans to Sheffield

Jacob100

Supporter
I picked this up from a chap at the Overland Show last year (member?) and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought.

It’s a ‘98 4.2 with 163K. Nice and original throughout but with BFGs, Safari snorkel and a Front Runner rack. I haven’t done much to it except a full service, new batteries, a few interior/storage mods and rustproofing at Krown after seeing them on here (top service!).

The plan now is to shift all camping gear and power and water supplies to a new Australian camper trailer and keep the Cruiser neat and tidy for daily use and occasional people carrier/van duties. The Maggiolina will be up for sale soon – I’ll be posting it here first.

Also - I’m moving with my family from St Albans to Sheffield in a few weeks’ time and would really appreciate any recommendations for trailer storage or good garages up there.

Cheers,

Jacob

Last edited:
Hello soon to be ex neighbour(ish)

Always good to see another cruier coming to Sheffield. Might just be interested in that tent too when the time comes

Cheers Josh, will be posting it as soon as I'm allowed in the Classifieds section ...

Hey if you want to compare overland trailers, I'm only just down the road. Make sure you come over to the next Lincomb weekend.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the offer Chris - annoyingly I won't be able to pick it up until some time in March when we both have a weekend free. Will definitely try to make Lincomb though.

Excellent. Mine's in winter storage at the second but I've some new water tanks just arrived from SA and I have to shift the batteries so I've a bit of work to plan myself too.

I picked this up from a chap at the Overland Show last year (member?) and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought.

It’s a ‘98 4.2 with 163K. Nice and original throughout but with BFGs, Safari snorkel and a Front Runner rack. I haven’t done much to it except a full service, new batteries, a few interior/storage mods and rustproofing at Krown after seeing them on here (top service!).

The plan now is to shift all camping gear and power and water supplies to a new Australian camper trailer and keep the Cruiser neat and tidy for daily use and occasional people carrier/van duties. The Maggiolina will be up for sale soon – I’ll be posting it here first.

Also - I’m moving with my family from St Albans to Sheffield in a few weeks’ time and would really appreciate any recommendations for trailer storage or good garages up there.

Cheers,

Jacob

As Josh said, be nice to have another Sheffield based member. I just wonder if that 100 has not been in our area before. I seem to remember the guy I bought my 80 Amazon from trying to sell me it. We then saw it or one similar at the overland show a couple or 3 years ago. Maybe/maybe not.

Always good to see another cruier coming to Sheffield. Might just be interested in that tent too when the time comes

It'll be too wide for an 80 Josh.

Hi Andy, you’re probably right. I picked it up from Doncaster but the seller mentioned that the previous owner was from Sheffield.

Hi Andy, you’re probably right. I picked it up from Doncaster but the seller mentioned that the previous owner was from Sheffield.

Thats the one! Had it up on the ramp when Scott brought it round. It really was better than most underneath but I'd just bought my silver 100 at that time.

Can I ask you what Krown charged for the rust proofing?

I paid £300 which included a small contribution towards beer money for getting the drill out and helping me with a couple of things. Worth every penny and an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Robert was at it for the best part of a Saturday while we went to the zoo. He and his colleague are completely dedicated to what they’re doing. Class act.

Hi and welcome ,I have been to Sheffield today

Back