Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

guruvetim

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Hi all.

Just bought my first Cruiser...

22015228_10156527982447656_797121799_o.jpg

So a few more pictures..

The car is in Zimbabwe at the moment and I'm in the UK so won't be able to enjoy it for another few weeks..

It's 1 lady owner with full service history and 230,000km I've been told it's an Africa spec car with 2 fuel tanks 2 spare wheels and 2 battery wiring although only 1 battery fitted..

Can't wait to give it a proper test drive and a bit of real African off road...

21952555_10156528012937656_1464386122_o.jpg 21952438_10156528010472656_68170122_o.jpg 21952287_10156527977187656_1281056691_o.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Looks like you have an interesting vehicle there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm hoping to enjoy that part of the world much more now I have a Cruiser... the Honda CRV just wasn't even close to being up to job...

I'm hoping to enjoy that part of the world much more now I have a Cruiser... the Honda CRV just wasn't even close to being up to job...
Looks like you are based in Zim?
Its 20 years since i was last in Harare but the sun is still out!!
Dad used to live in Livingstone in Southern Zambia so used to fly to vic falls from harare and drive over the border from there.
What are your plans for the cruiser?

As a novice on "other" models, I'm not sure what you have there, either a 100 (with IFS) or a 105 (solid front axle) but I notice the turbo suggesting a 100.

Irrespective, a great truck and a great country to explore in it.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Guruvetim
Good looking car. The best there is. Looks like it must be a turboed HZJ105? Or is it a 1HD-FT? Anyhow, looks like it is fully equipped for exploring. Is that an OE electric winch? It has a pre-filter for the fuel - ready for fuel from a back yard barrel, standard for Africa afaik.
It is a both rugged an comfy vehicle - congratulations.
Plans?

Looks like you are based in Zim?
Its 20 years since i was last in Harare but the sun is still out!!
Dad used to live in Livingstone in Southern Zambia so used to fly to vic falls from harare and drive over the border from there.
What are your plans for the cruiser?
Hi Ben,
I run a gallery in Harare selling stone sculpture. I also sell Zimbabwean sculpture here in the UK so winter is spent flying to and fro. The cruiser is going to be our daily drive round Harare as well as some adventures around Zim and possibly beyond..

Welcome Guruvetim
Good looking car. The best there is. Looks like it must be a turboed HZJ105? Or is it a 1HD-FT? Anyhow, looks like it is fully equipped for exploring. Is that an OE electric winch? It has a pre-filter for the fuel - ready for fuel from a back yard barrel, standard for Africa afaik.
It is a both rugged an comfy vehicle - congratulations.
Plans?
Hi Clive, Don't know too much about the car yet. I haven't collected it from the current owner yet and I won't be back in Zimbabwe for a month.. I do know it has a 1HD engine and the Chassis no: JT711TJA109000060 it has an OE electric winch it also has 2 spare wheels and 2 fuel tanks so it is well on the way to being a proper overlander.. Can't wait to get back to sunny Zimbabwe and take it for a spin...

As a novice on "other" models, I'm not sure what you have there, either a 100 (with IFS) or a 105 (solid front axle) but I notice the turbo suggesting a 100.

Irrespective, a great truck and a great country to explore in it.

Welcome aboard!
As a total novice with Land Cruisers I'm not really sure what I have... pretty sure it's a 100 though. looking forward to my return to Zimbabwe to find out...

Hi Ben,
I run a gallery in Harare selling stone sculpture. I also sell Zimbabwean sculpture here in the UK so winter is spent flying to and fro. The cruiser is going to be our daily drive round Harare as well as some adventures around Zim and possibly beyond..
Do you have a website?

Welcome Guru, looks like you've bought yourself a beauty! 100 series in the U.K. At least came with the 1HDFT engine which was a 24valve 4.2 turbo diesel. Yours is the 1HDT which is the 12 valve turbo version which puts it bang in the middle of two possibles, the 100 and the 105. The 105 usually comes with a non turbo version of the 4.2 like Clive has under his bonnet.
How to tell… model number on the plate or a look at the front axle. If it's a solid front axle it's a 105. Either way it's a different combination to what we are used to.

Congratulations on the purchase and good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Richard

I'm waiting for a photo under the front end.... before I'm convinced either way... :whistle:

A good looking truck though and seems in good condition for the kms. My 80 had 212k km on the clock when I bought it, and in comparison, it was a wreck.

Nice one.

HDJ100R-GNMEX 01/1998 - 07/2002 HDJ100 VX GEN RHD 1HDT TD2 MTM 5F LUB
ScreenHunter_57 Oct. 07 22.18.jpg

That would mean the weaker 2 pinion front diff, if not replaced, btw.

HDJ100R-GNMEX 01/1998 - 07/2002 HDJ100 VX GEN RHD 1HDT TD2 MTM 5F LUB
View attachment 133924
That would mean the weaker 2 pinion front diff, if not replaced, btw.
Thanks for the info above.
How bad is the original diff, I'm not intending to do any real hardcore off roading just general bush driving.. should I be looking for a better front diff?

Tim

Back