Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Odometre

willthompson

Has anyone fitted new odometer to a 93 and onwards 80? I have a brand new unit and I want the correct millage to be shown not zero. Any advice on how to roll it over would be great.
20201230_160328.jpg

Might be best to record old mileage on photo or paper keep old one as proof if you come to sell it later then you can just add two together for up to date reading

I wouldn’t tinker with the new meter, you will just get the numbers running out of line and looking like it’s been doctored, as Steve said it would be better to document the original meter

My OCD wouldnt let me do that unfortunately.
I found a good thread on the ih8mud forum about doing and its relatively easy just a delicate job.
20201230_220332.jpg

Yes, its very easy, but you may find as it counts up the numbers can fall out of correct alignment, used to be a common sight in the motortrade!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So far so good its reading as it should as I have run a GPS next to it counting as well.

where did you source the oddometer and was it expensive? mine is a bit jittery and the trip meter is stuck on 0000 so it could be an issue coming down the track. i

I get all my parts from partsouq or Amayama.
Its not in stock at the moment with them so you would have to try amayama.
But this is the Kmh unit, the mph one has been discontinued what you could do is order that and then put the face off your old unit on it. I'm not sure how that would work though as I presume it would still read the odo in kilometers?

Have you tried fixing your old one? Its probably burnt out on the back, there is a way to fix them if there not to messed up. I did this with mine it worked for maybe 2 weeks then went back to being a mess.

20181221_152239_IMG_7066.JPG

Doesn't it hook up to a cable ? if so hook it up to an electric drill instead and i reckon your speedo would be registering several thousand MPH if it could .

I am early 93 IIRC but it is the later spec 12v....would it be inconceivable to think that this part was used across the toyota generation. i think I have an old MR2 one somewhere if I can ever find it. even if I changed the board over...wait I have just realised a vital flaw in the calibration....130mph landcruiser hmmm

You might be right though some of it might be.
There is a thread on ih8mud about parts that are interchangeable.:D

Back