Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New on ebay(80) crackin colour

Did all UK spec 80s have the grab bar on the dash (passenger side)? He says its uk truck.. just wondering if its an Import with the snazzy blue colour and all,

The last of the UK 80’s had a passenger airbag in the dash, hence no grab handle.

The last of the UK 80’s had a passenger airbag in the dash, hence no grab handle.
Good thinking, the last thing you need is getting smacked in the mouth by a grab handle every time 'yer' air bag went off.:lol:

I wouldn't care a damn if a 23 year old car had enjoyed a respray so long as it was done right , wrap a magnet in a cloth and run it over the bodywork to find filler .

I wouldn't care a damn if a 23 year old car had enjoyed a respray so long as it was done right , wrap a magnet in a cloth and run it over the bodywork to find filler .
What are your thoughts on the propshaft slung in the back of the truck Shayne? seller doesn't know why..

repspray wouldnt bother me shayne. i was saying its not an origonal colour.

regarding the prop its no big deal when buying. ive bought 3 trucks with the prop off and taken worse case that i would have to put a diff or transfer on it. everytime this was the case.

What are your thoughts on the propshaft slung in the back of the truck Shayne? seller doesn't know why..

Somethings not right and i don't have the money or the knowledge to fix it - a caring owner would remove the prop to limit the damage .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Iv emailed him asking which prop has been removed exactly. and if It needs new brakes all round,is it safe to drive 200 miles back home.. does it need trailering etc...... Il let you know his response. not too much to ask if im bidding on it.

Somethings gone on on the kerbside rear arch, look how it doesn't line up with the door

Looks like both rear arches could’ve been off for some reason. In addition to the alignment problem there’s bolts missing from the mud flaps with, what looks like screws holding them on. Just cosmetic really providing the bodywork underneath is OK.

Where abouts in staffs is it higgy?

Its the front prop that's off, seller says its drivable ,,, don't know where abouts in staffs.. thanks for the offer karl, Il see how this one pans out. if the auction finished now. Id say it was worth it..

Ring and pin tow bar could suggest it’s been towing plant around, potentially meaning muddy sites, gravel, worked constantly with little time for TLC. That chequer plate addition above it on the bumper is probably hiding some damage from hitching misses. Pic 11 shows some rust pinholing around the door shut by the wheel arch and It looks to me like the rear quarter is a different blue to the rest suggesting that and the tow bar have recently been blown over.

Last edited:
Its the front prop that's off, seller says its drivable ,,, don't know where abouts in staffs.. thanks for the offer karl, Il see how this one pans out. if the auction finished now. Id say it was worth it..
Burton on trent.. im going over that way at the end of the week to pick a 12 valve up. I could of had a scan over it for you..
Sorry havnt got the time to nip over before.

Back