Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Radio

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hello all,

Could anyone please help with some knowledge of the radio?

The current one is the factory original radio cassette which is visible in my brochure, but does not work at present although it lights up. There is no aerial so probably why I cant hear anything.

Anyway, I want to put in a digital radio / cd with bluetooth to phone with a screen mount aerial.

Does the new unit need to be 24 volt or did the original work on 12V perhaps from just one of the batteries?

Many Thanks

The feed to the radio is 12v ( there is a voltage dropper behind the dash or in the engine bay somewhere). Are you intending to put a 1 din or2 din unit in?

Not Sure what a 1 din or 2 din is, is it the size i.e, standard or double size?
I want one that is a single size with the fewest flashing lights as possible!!
Ideally there would be a retro one on the market but they all seem a bit blingy so far

I've got a spare original if you want to stick original
Thanks very much for the offer, but i want the iphone connection so i dont neeed to keep any tapes or cds in the car, also the hands free phone option

The target radio has an internal screen mount aerial which sounds great as there isnt an external aerial yet. Has anyone any experience of the reception quality of these screen mounts?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks very much for the offer, but i want the iphone connection so i dont neeed to keep any tapes or cds in the car, also the hands free phone option
know what you mean, thats why I've got a spare original!!

Hello from Portugal

As a HJ61 owner , please allow me to suggest a Kienzle Radio . 24v , direct fit , no converters needed , very simple installation . You can put 2 usb sticks to play your music , or better still , play it via iPhone . It is also an hands free device with your smart phone . Check the link bellow . Very easy to buy from eBay.de . The seller with the best prices is schlauer shop or something like that .

http://www.kienzle.de/index.php?524&backPID=524&tt_products=1945

Very good sound , good looking and quality build . Not very expensive .

Hello from Portugal

As a HJ61 owner , please allow me to suggest a Kienzle Radio . 24v , direct fit , no converters needed , very simple installation . You can put 2 usb sticks to play your music , or better still , play it via iPhone . It is also an hands free device with your smart phone . Check the link bellow . Very easy to buy from eBay.de . The seller with the best prices is schlauer shop or something like that .

http://www.kienzle.de/index.php?524&backPID=524&tt_products=1945

Very good sound , good looking and quality build . Not very expensive .
Thankyou Portcruiser this is the sort of thing i am looking for. I just need to check the radio function can pick up test match special!

Back