Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New stainless exhaust fitted.

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Few pictures of the stainless exhaust i got fitted this morning. The sound is epic i love it.
FB_IMG_1566656094164.jpg
FB_IMG_1566656110029.jpg
FB_IMG_1566656083713.jpg

Who did it and how much?

M and N Exhausts done it. In nothern ireland here

Looks good Lexie. Can you post up a video of the sound, maybe on Youtoob?

That’s going to give the MOT inspector something to scratch his head about when he looks for the tail pipe to stuff the emissions probe up! :)

Looks good Lexie. Can you post up a video of the sound, maybe on Youtoob?

That’s going to give the MOT inspector something to scratch his head about when he looks for the tail pipe to stuff the emissions probe up! :)

Il get a video up soon.

No emissions here on diesel cars and its a case of not what you know but who you know. Iv a diesel car with some heavy mods all finished with a straight line front to back. Never had an issue :)

Was looking at bringing mine down between the chassis from the turbo.

Looks like a nice job

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks well crafted but the only thing that would concern me about having it exit underneath the truck is the possibility of fumes getting drawn into the cabin.

Yup TP - we had our 80 exiting down, just past the back axle, was fine in the front but was gassing the kids in the back, especially at slower speeds - we put a full system on exiting as normal out the back - no gassing issues after that! Looks a nice system otherwise.

Trial a error really if i get fumes inside it will be adjusted. Until and thus far i cant complain. Really loving the sound, keep it below 2k ish rpm its very moddest, ramp it up and bury the right foot its a different story

Nice, they a generic exhaust place like Powerflow? What size is the tube? Also interested to hear the sound as i'm making up mine in the next couple months albeit for a 100 series but I will probably use 1 silencer like yours. Thinking I will go for a side exit instead similar to what I've temporarily done with the stock system now.

I had considered side exit but i cant deal with loosein ground clearance, and only my opinion but you have a bigger chance getting fumes inside with a side exit.

Nice, they a generic exhaust place like Powerflow? What size is the tube? Also interested to hear the sound as i'm making up mine in the next couple months albeit for a 100 series but I will probably use 1 silencer like yours. Thinking I will go for a side exit instead similar to what I've temporarily done with the stock system now.

Just a guy who makes stainless exhausts no fancy names or prices to match the big name. Its 2.5 inch pipe

Well done, it looks and sounds great. But just a question out of curiosity : stainless steel's thermal conductivity is 4 times lower than that of carbon steel. This means that the turbo now has a much less efficient heat sink (the exhaust pipe) than it had before. Anyone have any experience on this ? Or am I exaggerating ?

Well done, it looks and sounds great. But just a question out of curiosity : stainless steel's thermal conductivity is 4 times lower than that of carbon steel. This means that the turbo now has a much less efficient heat sink (the exhaust pipe) than it had before. Anyone have any experience on this ? Or am I exaggerating ?
Am no expert and a valid point but i havent heard of issues yet with stainless systems. What i will add if i didnt mention before is the silencer you see is a dummy!

Not an issue I’ve ever heard of. The turbo is both water and oil cooled, the heat sink effect of the exhaust system is of little significance.

Am no expert and a valid point but i havent heard of issues yet with stainless systems. What i will add if i didnt mention before is the silencer you see is a dummy!

AFAIK, you don’t really need a silencer on a turbo’d exhaust.

I had a 3" side exit SS exhaust fitted a few years ago and it has a smallish silencer at the front they called a resonator and another more conventional sized muffler just before the exit. The original plan was to go with just the front resonator but it was way too loud (IMO and I'm used to loud bikes) so the second muffler was added. Maybe the fact it was 3" not 2" made the difference? With the driver's window down the exit pipe is barely 4 feet from your right ear so it can still sound quite rorty when the boot goes in.

Back