Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Suspension

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
Finally getting time to get some more work on the 80, as it’s 18month MOT is just about to expire and while I don’t think technically I’d have to do the springs/ shockers they are tired and getting quite saggy on the back.
I’ve pretty much decided to go for a 3” lift and to buy EFS. I‘m replacing Ironman which has done about 60k round the fields!
What is the best method to choose springs for, the options I get are 75-110kg for front / 100kg or 300kg for rear. I don’t want to look like a stink bug if I choose the 300kg’s!

thanks

J

Best method is to weigh your truck and then take into account what you might carry - match the correct springs to the actual weight. Over-sprung suspension is horrible

I'd add to that, that the thing I liked about EFS is that you could specify the lift you wanted at the weight you were going to carry. I got mine and it was 6" easy. Got a pic somewhere. I thought blimey that's tall. Then I added all the things I'd calculated and it dropped to exactly the 4" I'd asked for. Most of the springs out there will tell you what load they're for OR what height they will run. But few say the height at a given weight range.

Back