Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to club life

Anthony Oreilly

Country Flag
ireland
Well theirs a thing I never thought I'd do, join a club but it seems the place to be if your a nerd over land cruisers. my hands up I am.
Got a 1993 4.2 VX auto cruiser I use it for most things going to work about 100 miles a day, go out to play green laning and a bit of rough stuff then take the wife and kids out they love it more than the bus she drives.

lifes good but finding more 80 truckers and you have meets I'm well up for that beer-food-beer-off roading I've found heaven.

Hi Anthony and welcome. You've found the most friendly and helpful bunch of Landcruiser owners around. Great to have you aboard. Now, let's have some photos of that truck of yours and if you haven't already, edit your signature line to give some details of it so us folks can be a bit more specific with any help.

Best wishes

Richard

P.S. Hope you didn't get affected too much by hurricane Ophelia.

Welcome aboard Anthony. Get some pics up of your bus then.

Nice to see plenty of 80s being taken care of on here.

Well theirs a thing I never thought I'd do, join a club but it seems the place to be if your a nerd over land cruisers. my hands up I am.
Got a 1993 4.2 VX auto cruiser I use it for most things going to work about 100 miles a day, go out to play green laning and a bit of rough stuff then take the wife and kids out they love it more than the bus she drives.

lifes good but finding more 80 truckers and you have meets I'm well up for that beer-food-beer-off roading I've found heaven.

Great intro Anthony, welcome aboard “the place to be” :lol:

Some photos of your beast would go down well, and I like the sound of spending 100 miles per day in an 80, that will keep her in tip-top shape if maintained regularly.

The best thing for ‘em is to drive ‘em, IMO.:thumbup:

Hi Anthony and welcome. You've found the most friendly and helpful bunch of Landcruiser owners around. Great to have you aboard. Now, let's have some photos of that truck of yours and if you haven't already, edit your signature line to give some details of it so us folks can be a bit more specific with any help.

Best wishes

Richard

P.S. Hope you didn't get affected too much by hurricane Ophelia.
Thanks for the welcome I'll have to work out how to put pictures on. it was only a bit of wind no damage around me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great intro Anthony, welcome aboard “the place to be” :lol:

Some photos of your beast would go down well, and I like the sound of spending 100 miles per day in an 80, that will keep her in tip-top shape if maintained regularly.

The best thing for ‘em is to drive ‘em, IMO.:thumbup:
Warm welcome. its nice to drive needs some work and parts on it to make it right. was hoping to get some parts off you lot been a clubby member do you have swap meets and meet up for drinks always up for a time out.

Hi Anthony, good intro and welcome. Lets see some pics of your 80. Is it how you want it or do you have plans?

Hi Anthony, good intro and welcome. Lets see some pics of your 80. Is it how you want it or do you have plans?
Hey, still need to work out the picture thing.. yep reckon Toyota did a pretty good job building land cruisers just going to leave it alone. need to get the seat fixed the leathers ripped and worn as is the steering wheel, front screen got a crack and the window motor slow in summer and you must never use the drivers window in winter even if the drive thro have trouble passing it in the sun roof.

For pictures click on 'upload a file' then select either 'photo library' or 'take photo or video' (videos are tricky so forget those for now) them either select a photo or photos or take one. It's self explanatory from there. :)

Welcome to the club Anthony.. plenty of help around here for anything you want to sort. If you haven't used them before, then Kevin at North-South Toyota near Castleblaney is very quick with parts. Also both Milner off road and Rougtrax in the UK deliver to Ireland quite reasonably, and often have genuine Toyota stuff. There's plenty of other suppliers too.

What part of the country are you in?

Warm welcome. its nice to drive needs some work and parts on it to make it right. was hoping to get some parts off you lot been a clubby member do you have swap meets and meet up for drinks always up for a time out.

On the subject of parts supply/swap the members on here are “over the top” helpful, when they can. Living so far from the epicenter, you’d think I was out of reach, but I’ve been very fortunate how helpful those passing by or visiting, have been.

You’ll get to know the “silent” but most active members, @karl webster is relentlessly good at new and used parts, @chapel gate for those hard to find parts, to name just a couple, and several others on here.
I can’t meet-up for a beer/chat like many do for obvious reasons, but folks look after me well. Lincomb is a good twice yearly get-together (although I’ve never been) and there are other opportunities that come up from time to time.
I suggest you read most of the posts, even if they don’t seem relevant by title, there’s a lot to be gained from being an “active” member IMO.
It’s a great forum, with enthusiastic members who never sleep. :thumbup::clap:

Welcome Anthony.
Nice intro.

I can get the hard to find bits too Clive. It's just a case of having the contacts .

For pictures click on 'upload a file' then select either 'photo library' or 'take photo or video' (videos are tricky so forget those for now) them either select a photo or photos or take one. It's self explanatory from there. :)
cheers I'll work on it. not the best at computes and tec

Welcome to the club Anthony.. plenty of help around here for anything you want to sort. If you haven't used them before, then Kevin at North-South Toyota near Castleblaney is very quick with parts. Also both Milner off road and Rougtrax in the UK deliver to Ireland quite reasonably, and often have genuine Toyota stuff. There's plenty of other suppliers too.

What part of the country are you in?
well that's a good few places to start off with for parts. I'm in the uk now but from St.patricks tr, Westport. where are you?

On the subject of parts supply/swap the members on here are “over the top” helpful, when they can. Living so far from the epicenter, you’d think I was out of reach, but I’ve been very fortunate how helpful those passing by or visiting, have been.

You’ll get to know the “silent” but most active members, @karl webster is relentlessly good at new and used parts, @chapel gate for those hard to find parts, to name just a couple, and several others on here.
I can’t meet-up for a beer/chat like many do for obvious reasons, but folks look after me well. Lincomb is a good twice yearly get-together (although I’ve never been) and there are other opportunities that come up from time to time.
I suggest you read most of the posts, even if they don’t seem relevant by title, there’s a lot to be gained from being an “active” member IMO.
It’s a great forum, with enthusiastic members who never sleep. :thumbup::clap:
Well thanks that's more than helpful on the parts and contacts just for me to know got any muppets to look out for.?

Well thanks that's more than helpful on the parts and contacts just for me to know got any muppets to look out for.?
Yes there are but its the wolfs in sheep skins to watch out for

Tell me more I need to know. I like a bit of gossip, back stabbing and underhandedness.

Not really how this forum works Anthony. Most on here are good people who help each other out. What you refer to above isn't something that will get you very far.

People to look out for. There's good and bad in everything. Personally I don't know anyone you need to steer clear from. There's lots of sources to keep your truck going and lots of help that's offered for free on here.

Back