Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to me Prado 95

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi Folks!
Firstly, I hope I have posted this a) in the correct section b) correctly - first time posting images on this site and first time using Post image!
Anyway,got this Prado at a reasonably good price (for Cyprus) and although it has 2" Old Man Emu suspension lift, 31" tyres and rock sliders, there is absolutely not sign of heavy use on the underside. The previous owner did these mods for appearance only!!!

The wheels in particular are a bit blingy, but at the price I was not going to argue !

Paintwork in general is OK but the roof, plastic wheel cover and rear bumper area all need a respray. There are many "little things" that need sorting but I will work my way through them.

BTW it is a 2001 Prado with the 1KZ-TE engine on 195 Km It was a Cyprus car, is manual and has Factory rear locker that seems to work!! Now I will attempt to load images - fingers crossed!
Geoff
BFT-2.jpg
BFT-4.jpg
BFT-7.jpg
BFT-8.jpg
BFT-13.jpg

P.S. Got to get rid of the horrible Turbo boost gauge and "carbon fibre consul surround!

congrats looks like you found a good one :)

Hi Folks!
Firstly, I hope I have posted this a) in the correct section b) correctly - first time posting images on this site and first time using Post image!
Anyway,got this Prado at a reasonably good price (for Cyprus) and although it has 2" Old Man Emu suspension lift, 31" tyres and rock sliders, there is absolutely not sign of heavy use on the underside. The previous owner did these mods for appearance only!!!

The wheels in particular are a bit blingy, but at the price I was not going to argue !

Paintwork in general is OK but the roof, plastic wheel cover and rear bumper area all need a respray. There are many "little things" that need sorting but I will work my way through them.

BTW it is a 2001 Prado with the 1KZ-TE engine on 195 Km It was a Cyprus car, is manual and has Factory rear locker that seems to work!! Now I will attempt to load images - fingers crossed!
Geoff
View attachment 139655
View attachment 139656
View attachment 139657
View attachment 139658
View attachment 139659
P.S. Got to get rid of the horrible Turbo boost gauge and "carbon fibre consul surround!

Nice one Geoff, I bet there are a few Collie owners ( me included) that wish ours looked as straight and fresh as that one does.
If you don't like the wheels get them painted/ powder coated all black, you won't notice the "Bling" aspect of them that way.
BTW does anyone know if the 1KZ TE will be able to have CC fitted like a D4D? Ie is it drive by wire?

Let the fun begin.

Nice looking truck to work with Geoff! Welcome to the land of the 90 series... colour coded green is a nice colour

As far as I know Andy, the KZ has a mechanical pump and needs an actuator to fit cruise.

Looks very nice :thumbup:

rear bumper lights are known to rot and cause random electrical problems so if the bumper is coming off for a respray it might be worth replacing them while your at it . And i'd be interested to know what pressure the boost gauge shows on max boost , there's more power to be had with some very minor tweaking so the gauge may indicate its already been done ;)

The 1kz-te is electronic pump and i thought someone on the forum already worked out how to add Cruise control ?

Thanks all. Shayne, knowing the previous owner who was only concerned with looks and certainly no mechanic, I very much doubt if he tweaked the engine at all. Can you point me towards "the tweaks" please?

Regarding the lower lights, yes I was creating a "to do" list (now I can see the paint properly for the first time since buying the truck) and those lights are down to be replaced. Can someone tell me the best place to get these parts? i need to replace those two surrounds trim things as well.
Cheers,
Geoff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
49ACA17A-2121-4471-B46B-88B747849D1F.jpeg
If you mean the trim pieces around the rear bumper lights they come with the replacement light units. The only bits not provided are the metal back-plates and mounting nuts.

Roughtrax and Milneroffroad sell replacements, 65GBP each for Toyota oem or 35GBP for clones.

Toyota might have the boost set as low as 7psi but the max is 14psi so keep an eye on that gauge to see what your getting and we can take it from there .

Thanks MODVRS - ordering a pair tomorrow.
SHAYNE - thanks for the info, I have made a note to look at this in the future when I have sorted out a few more pressing improvements/ maintenance issues. I WILL get there and come back to you later if I may?
Geoff

I opted for the Toyota oem ones from Roughtrax and was very pleased with them. Can't vouch for anything else.

The 1kz-te is electronic pump and i thought someone on the forum already worked out how to add Cruise control ?

We had the thread about the KD engine alright, DannyB, myself and Andy were poking around at that.. is the throttle not cable operated on the KZ as opposed to fly-by-wire? That's the difference I was thinking of for fitting cc.

+1 on replacing the rear bumper lights. Will be doing mine shortly as I've gotten fed up of repairing the earth connection on them!

Looks very Nice Geoff, at last you can start to tinker away during thise disgustingly dry, warm, sunny days

Nice looking truck to work with Geoff! Welcome to the land of the 90 series... colour coded green is a nice colour

As far as I know Andy, the KZ has a mechanical pump and needs an actuator to fit cruise.

All we need to know is if it has a throttle cable or drive by wire. If its the latter, and I reckon it is as the accelerator for that particular truck of Geoff's is best part of £700 then CC should fit.

Busy today but is there a simple way to check and I will look tomorrow or tonight if I can?

Snapchat-1370886821.jpg

The electronic connector shown in the pic is the fly-by-wire sender attached to the accelerator pedal on my truck.. If it has this, then I'd imagine plug and play cruise like mine can be done. If there's a cable going through the bulkhead then it's a bigger job.

Just in and popped straight to garage. Nope sorry guys it's a cable!

Back