Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to this

Jessicaaa

Country Flag
australia
hey very much new to this but would love to see some of your guys rigs! Sadly I can’t afford one but maybe one day haha

Hi Jessica and Welcome. There’s lots of trucks on here and we encourage lots of photos so there’s plenty to see. There’s even quite a few members in Australia depending on your location there may be members close by.
You’ll get a Cruiser one day if you put your mind to it and joining up here is a great start and a great way to learn more about these fantastic vehicles. Oz is a great place for cruisers it seems (I’ve not been, maybe one day) as there’s all sorts of stuff available for them there.

Have a look in the ‘trips and trip reports’ section where you’ll see a lot of the overland vehicles and their various outings. Another thread is Clive’s excursions, also closer to home try Ben’s LJ78 build thread. Nearer the end after he’s built it, he’s mostly going on trips off road in Oz.
That should keep you going for a bit. :)
Then there’s the Gallery with all sorts of photos there.
Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about you and why you’ve come to love cruisers.

Good to have you aboard.
Best wishes
Rich

Hi Jessica and Welcome. There’s lots of trucks on here and we encourage lots of photos so there’s plenty to see. There’s even quite a few members in Australia depending on your location there may be members close by.
You’ll get a Cruiser one day if you put your mind to it and joining up here is a great start and a great way to learn more about these fantastic vehicles. Oz is a great place for cruisers it seems (I’ve not been, maybe one day) as there’s all sorts of stuff available for them there.

Have a look in the ‘trips and trip reports’ section where you’ll see a lot of the overland vehicles and their various outings. Another thread is Clive’s excursions, also closer to home try Ben’s LJ78 build thread. Nearer the end after he’s built it, he’s mostly going on trips off road in Oz.
Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about you and why you’ve come to love cruisers.

Good to have you aboard.
Best wishes
Rich
Hey great reply I’ll definitely have to check the gallery out and I just love the look and style of a land cruiser haha especially with some of the crazy rigs people build out there!

Hi IJessica and welcome you have got to love cruiser.

Hey

Good to have you aboard.
Best wishes
Rich
hey sorry for another reply but was wondering how the messages worked on this?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can reply all you like Jess, it’s your thread after all. :)

I think you have to have something like 15 posts before messages are available. They are called ’conversations’ on here and are accessed by tapping your forum name and selecting ‘conversations’ from the menu. If it’s not there or available to click just post up some more posts and it will soon be available.
:thumbup:

O
You can reply all you like Jess, it’s your thread af meter all. :)

I think you have to have something like 15 posts before messages are available. They are called ’conversations’ on here and are accessed by tapping your forum name and selecting ‘conversation’ from the menu. If it’s not there or available to click just post up some more posts and it will soon be available.
:thumbup:
oh ok you’ve been very helpful feel free to message or email me I’d love to see your rig. Are there any restrictions in the uk as to what you’re not allowed to have etc?

There’s no real restrictions in the UK for now but I can see the environmental lobby making things difficult for some models.

E742825B-34C4-463D-9AD7-6FB080A92407.jpeg

72F2639C-9FF4-4DA6-89C5-DB696D5FBEFE.jpeg

5E4C624C-31F8-4435-AD21-5B718C0C5292.jpeg

N

Nice! I love the 80’s series, yours is really nice is it diesel?
Thanks, yes it’s diesel. I’ve had it since 2003 when my previous car, a 1989 Mk1 Mitsubishi Shogun, was stolen.
I loved that car but I love my cruiser too. :)

Hi Jessica, welcome aboard :thumbup:

Plenty of photos in “media” one album to go for is calendars, if Crispin has kept them up to date :whistle:

Hi Jess, speaking with some experience, you are in a good place here. I recently ditched the BMW X5 and bought a 100series LC as a play toy with the thoughts of travelling the world in it.

The guys here have given me some great advice and I have repaired all the bits (bar one, booked in next week) that we’re wrong when I bought Thomas.

This weekend will be a first shake down trip where I hope not too much goes wrong. Really wish we had the access to the parts you guys have in Aus.

Hi Jess, speaking with some experience, you are in a good place here. I recently ditched the BMW X5 and bought a 100series LC as a play toy with the thoughts of travelling the world in it.

The guys here have given me some great advice and I have repaired all the bits (bar one, booked in next week) that we’re wrong when I bought Thomas.

This weekend will be a first shake down trip where I hope not too much goes wrong. Really wish we had the access to the parts you guys have in Aus.
Is there many places to go off reading in the uk? And yeah I definitely need to pick up a LC ASAP lol

Is there many places to go off reading in the uk? And yeah I definitely need to pick up a LC ASAP lol
Off roading is illegal in the uk without land owners consent. We have public rights of access on “green lanes”. These are basically un maintained routes (have a look on YouTube). There are a few beaches that you are allowed to drive on.

But no where near the expansive areas you have. I spent 6weeks touring parts of Aus and would go back in a heart beat.

Off roading is illegal in the uk without land owners consent. We have public rights of access on “green lanes”. These are basically un maintained routes (have a look on YouTube). There are a few beaches that you are allowed to drive on.

But no where near the expansive areas you have. I spent 6weeks touring parts of Aus and would go back in a heart beat.
Had no idea it was illegal over there! And yeah Australia is pretty great you should definitely come over again

Had no idea it was illegal over there! And yeah Australia is pretty great you should definitely come over again
It’s ok if you have permission but there’s not many areas. We have Salisbury Plain nearby which is a military training area. There’s some green lanes about and we have a club meet at Lincomb (search for this and you’ll find some photos) which is all off road and camping.

Back