Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New toy - FJ40LX V8

fargo6910

Country Flag
uk
Hi folks,

Back here again, used to have a lovely green BJ42LX but sold it during the year (to a well known 4x4 spares company in Derbyshire who will give it a full restoration), then I stumbled across this beast, 1982 FJ40LX with a 5.7l V8 LS1 engine out of a holden Commodore. It had a restoration about 5-6 yrs ago in Oz before it was imported to UK. The guy barely drove it since so is in very good condition. It's probably 250-300hp, 6 seater, remote central locking and 5 speed but the sound is just incredible. There is nothing like it for turning heads. Anyway, heres a few pics to drool over. Im in Essex if anyone is near, Regards,
Denis

IMG-20190105-WA0005.jpeg 20190101_161017.jpg 20190101_161023.jpg 20181202_103913.jpg 20181202_103908.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,

Back here again, used to have a lovely green BJ42LX but sold it during the year (to a well known 4x4 spares company in Derbyshire who will give it a full restoration), then I stumbled across this beast, 1982 FJ40LX with a 5.7l V8 LS1 engine out of a holden Commodore. It had a restoration about 5-6 yrs ago in Oz before it was imported to UK. The guy barely drove it since so is in very good condition. It's probably 250-300hp, 6 seater, remote central locking and 5 speed but the sound is just incredible. There is nothing like it for turning heads. Anyway, heres a few pics to drool over. Im in Essex if anyone is near, Regards,
Denis

View attachment 153011 View attachment 153012 View attachment 153013 View attachment 153014 View attachment 153015

I've just fallen in love ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi folks,

Back here again, used to have a lovely green BJ42LX but sold it during the year (to a well known 4x4 spares company in Derbyshire who will give it a full restoration), then I stumbled across this beast, 1982 FJ40LX with a 5.7l V8 LS1 engine out of a holden Commodore. It had a restoration about 5-6 yrs ago in Oz before it was imported to UK. The guy barely drove it since so is in very good condition.

What a beauty, what a find, how does it drive? I love it it, I’m in Essex ( south) any chance of a viewing? best regards, Bill Westley

As above - looks absolutely stunning in white. Love the way the rear window references the glory days of the P1800 ES. Short-lived and the last interesting Volvo ever made. Bet it’s lovely to drive.

That's a very nice 40, never seen that transplant done.

Folks, I'll get an engine pic and plan a decent video if I can figure out how to upload it, just broke my flippin' arm today so driving it in the short term could be a challenge...she needs to be driven with respect with all that power, and as you know the steering on these is best described as.. ponderous.

Where in Essex are you Bill, I'm in Chelmsford?

Regards the volvo c30, best yoke I ever had, 200hp 2.0 diesel 5 cyl, stopped making them unfortunately

Just south of you guys, in North West Kent. Would love to tag along.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your arm.

Fargo - feel for you on the broke arm - if you need to offload the truck, let me know - happily mind it for you until you feel better
:)

Folks, I'll get an engine pic and plan a decent video if I can figure out how to upload it, just broke my flippin' arm today so driving it in the short term could be a challenge...she needs to be driven with respect with all that power, and as you know the steering on these is best described as.. ponderous.

Where in Essex are you Bill, I'm in Chelmsford?

Regards the volvo c30, best yoke I ever had, 200hp 2.0 diesel 5 cyl, stopped making them unfortunately
What a beauty, what a find, how does it drive? I love it it, I’m in Essex ( south) any chance of a viewing? best regards, Bill Westley
ive sent you a pm , Billy

Sorry to hear about the arm. I should get a list together of guys that can take your 40 out and keep it used while your arm gets better if I were you. Wouldn’t want it seizing up or anything through lack of use. I can do early Feb on my way through.

:whistle:

Last edited:
Very nice! Love the V8 conversations in these 40’s. Have some friends in Dubai who have done similar conversions. Are the breaks and the suspension modified too to take those extra ponies?
Would love to see it.

Looks awesome!
PM sent regarding something you might be interested in.

Back