Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Toy

Shaun

Country Flag
uk
I’ve owned a few 70s but always fancied an 80 for years, well this came along right price and mileage too.

CF9DF7B0-99DB-4316-A046-7A49631B446F.jpeg 57E0E70C-64D4-49BC-98D6-A311708FE378.jpeg

Looks tidy. Give us more!

It’s a 4.2 24 valve manual just turned 100k.
It needs some tlc on the body to make perfect and mechanically sound.
Major part being the sunroof.

looks nice Shaun
Thanks Karl, needs stuff doing but the important bits are good.
Screen needs to come out first as there is rust starting, needs sorting before it gets any worse.
I’m made up with it anyway, will keep everyone updated on her when I start sorting it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks tidy enough, those steps look unusual.

It wouldn't have had side steps on from new and there aren't the factory fittings in the bodyshell to fit them so they will be aftermarket.

Must be a GS as the VX/GX had OEM steps. The sunroof was probably an option. Strange how many people have sunroof problems yet, apart from a blocked drain tube one time, I’ve never had any issues with mine.

Must be a GS as the VX/GX had OEM steps. The sunroof was probably an option. Strange how many people have sunroof problems yet, apart from a blocked drain tube one time, I’ve never had any issues with mine.

723DDF5F-ED5B-4EA7-B7C6-C25ECB69EC27.jpeg

looks like a bad aftermarket one to me, wish it didn’t have one at all.
Not sure what to do with the side steps.

That certainly looks different to mine.......

BAB06820-E32E-44B2-9A8B-36A2A1F76D49.jpeg

If you dont like or need the steps why not sell them and if you intend to offroad, fit some rock sliders/ sill protectors which could also be used as a step if need be.

GS sunroofs were all dealer fitment, not the same as a VX one at all. GX never had sunroofs fitted, it was one of the things deleted to make it cheaper.

Were they a Toyota part or Webasto units? My Dad had a Webasto retro fitted to his Ford Consul years ago. Can’t think of anyone else who did them.

every gs ive seen have had that roof tp.

i had a gx with the same roof andy years ago. it could have been a retro fit though

The OEM sunroof is listed as an option on the GX in the sales brochure but you’d expect it to be the same unit fitted to the VX.

56F76E42-D611-4504-A3D4-FAA2EFE87ECF.jpeg

GS sunroofs were all dealer fitment, not the same as a VX one at all. GX never had sunroofs fitted, it was one of the things deleted to make it cheaper.

My GX has a factory sunroof, but I admit it’s not a UK spec. Got all the lockers too, leccy windows, radio and an ashtray... :whistle:

So are the lockers an optional extra on the gs ?

Back