Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Wheels / Tyres

Jon Wildsmith said:
If Keith likes the road manners of the Hankooks though I suspect I would too :)

Don't get carried away too much with them yet Jon, Given them some stick but not to the extent that you and I drive at in our mad moments :twisted: Have still to settle in with the Cruiser before I push them that far :whistle: As I said....will have more idea after this weekends trip before I give my full endorsement. :lol:

They would just be for when things might be a bit stickier than AT's are ideal for, I would still run my Toyo AT's most of the time. I'd sell my Simex then because I don't really need them but do want something better than an AT sometimes.

Hi

I notice the people not to keen on the Hankooks have never tried them !!!!.

Ask Bill or Paul (Ecoman , Bat21) they both run new sets. Bill has just changed his 325's for some 285's Better wider is not better

In the soft sand of Morocco they are astonishing pulled out 2 at once 110's together who were both stuck using BF AT's

As for the noise I would say it gets less rather than more as they ware in.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

The only people I have spoken to about the Hankooks enjoyed them on the road but were'nt at all impressed with them in the mud & logs... I don't know what size that was though.

SilverLady said:
Hi

I notice the people not to keen on the Hankooks have never tried them !!!!.

Ask Bill or Paul (Ecoman , Bat21) they both run new sets. Bill has just changed his 325's for some 285's Better wider is not better

In the soft sand of Morocco they are astonishing pulled out 2 at once 110's together who were both stuck using BF AT's

As for the noise I would say it gets less rather than more as they ware in.

Mal, I'm not knocking them, infact i'm very pleased with the way they have behaved so far, especially at how little they cost, all i'm saying is I have not tried them offroad yet...or pushed them too the limit on road, so will wait to pass full judgment on them. I just don't want to recommend them to Jon till I have given them a full work out cos I know what Jon expects from a tyre. Simples...

Keith said:
Mal, I'm not knocking them, in fact i'm very pleased with the way they have behaved so far, especially at how little they cost, all i'm saying is I have not tried them off-road yet...or pushed them too the limit on road, so will wait to pass full judgment on them. I just don't want to recommend them to Jon till I have given them a full work out cos I know what Jon expects from a tyre. Simples...

Sorry Keith I was a bit sharp there. I know we will never get the perfect tyre for all our uses.

Some people will buy a set and never use them in anger and some will put them to the extreme limits so a compromise is the only thing we can look forward to.
Remember it is 20% equipment and truck and 80% Driver.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
20% equipment and truck and 80% Driver ya say....mmmmmmm thats me tlocuked then lol. Yep we all after the right compromise of price - wear - on road manners and off road ability....Never happy are we lol
But as I say....so far I'm well chuffed with them on the £ front and road ability...so is grass mud and rocks the compromise???? Wait and see lol

Jon, just poking about Camskill, the Hankook 35 12.5 18 are listed again

Julian said:
Jon, just poking about Camskill, the Hankook 35 12.5 18 are listed again
I emailed them this morning and they said all the Hankooks would be back on line today, must have been having a stock take or something. :think:

SilverLady said:
Bill has just changed his 325's for some 285's Better wider is not better
This is my main concern, the 35's are 12.5" / 315 wide which is the case for most 35's but I don't know if your good experiences with a 285 will hold true for the wider size. Generaly I've not been impressed with 315's when they need to dig unless they're very aggressive like Simex.

I like the look of the Hankooks
If I changed the tyres to 285 75 16 Dynapro MT does this affect the speedo reading etc. as original are 275 70 16 Dunlop Grandtek
Like I said I do tow a caravan and kayaks on roof.
The price is favorourable against the BFG AT's
Also I have secured blasting and powdercoating for 180 for the 4,then the tyres get changed.
Off Road Armoury winch bumber fitted, Champion winch coming soon. :)

It will change the speedo - and the speed too.

Gav knows of a fella near manchester who can do the wheels for £15 a corner - you do have to get the wheels to him.

All sounds good with your plans.

Back