Newbie FJ40 owner

Ricky_UK Jun 28, 2016

1. Ricky_UK

Ricky_UK New Member I am in uk

Map
    Hi all,

I'm from the UK but currently living in Pakistan where I've picked up my first FJ40. Im currently planning a full restoration. any hints tips and tricks would be great to know.

I'll keep a updates coming as the project moves along.

best regards,
    Ricky

2. AndycruiserguyLomas

AndycruiserguyLomas Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Welcome Ricky, fine looking 40 you have there. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in the restoration process.

Ricky_UK likes this.
  3. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Welcome to the forum Ricky. Some passionate 40 restorations on here, I'm sure a browse in the 40 box will give you some tips. Looking forward to the build photos... :thumbup:

Ricky_UK likes this.
  4. tonytoyota

tonytoyota Well-Known Member

Map
    Hi and welcome love the old 40's I have fj45 and a fj40 with HJ 60 running gear in them have fun with it keep the pics comeing for Tony.

Ricky_UK and clivehorridge like this.
  5. GerryTLC

GerryTLC Active Member I am in united_states

Map
    That looks a neat FJ40 you got there, how many miles on her already? You are on the right place for knowledge. Enjoy

6. Ricky_UK

Ricky_UK New Member I am in uk

Map
    Hi Gerry,

Assuming the clock is correct she only shows 28k, Whilst i would love to think thats correct i reckon she might have a few more miles under her belt. Saying that she runs like a dream and apart from the poor attempt at electrical work that have consumed the engine bay the motor looks really tidy.

The project has finally started and the is being stripped down a little more each day!

Hopefully the first photos of the restoration will find there way here soon,

Regards
    Ricky :)

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter