Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie here with a simple question if I may.

Thank you but could you explain a little further please ?
G3 compound and T-cut etc is what people use to take faint scratches and over spray or sun faded paint to bring up the paint smooth and shiny before polishing on car bodywork , that is what I used (T-cut rubbing compound) then polished it with mer polish which is a finer rubbing compound with wax added to it to make the headlamp clear to remove the faded UV damage , then sealed it in with no1 supergloss , but I have bought some clear none yellowing from UV clear cote lacquer if they fade again so that its a permanent fix . I am sure the metal polish you have will do the job but it may need 2 or 3 attempts depending how quick it can cut through the haze .

G3 compound and T-cut etc is what people use to take faint scratches and over spray or sun faded paint to bring up the paint smooth and shiny before polishing on car bodywork , that is what I used (T-cut rubbing compound) then polished it with mer polish which is a finer rubbing compound with wax added to it to make the headlamp clear to remove the faded UV damage , then sealed it in with no1 supergloss , but I have bought some clear none yellowing from UV clear cote lacquer if they fade again so that its a permanent fix . I am sure the metal polish you have will do the job but it may need 2 or 3 attempts depending how quick it can cut through the haze .
I am amazed at some of the help I'm getting. I would never have dreamed of using T-Cut or wet and dry. Thanks to all of you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the landcruiser club.

Quick test just spray Wd40 on your headlight and just see the difference.
As tonycy11 said its g3 compound its brilliant.
Just look on YouTube on how to sand your headlight lenses and make them look new again.
It actually works and ignore every other so called theory on how to clean your lenses as they don't work.
Wd40 works a treat but only very temporary.

Again welcome to the landcruiser owners club.

Back