Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie, Hi

Steamer

Country Flag
south_africa
Greetings All,

Just having a little suspension problem on my 80 and came across this forum. Looks just the ticket for me.
I have a 1994 80 Series GX carb model and looove it.
Bought her about 10 years ago from a car lot without any history at all, other than it having probably been on a farm in Botswana all it's life.
It's got Old Man Emu suspension, dual battery & manager. (I've since added a 120W solar panel to run the 2 fridges I've installed with a drawer system.)
Looks like someone made and installed a long range fuel tank where the spare wheel is normally mounted. (This one has the swinging factory bracket fitted at the tailgate.)
They put a 3-way valve under the driver's seat and it took me a while to work out that the return from the carb goes into the main tank, even if I'm using the LR one, thereby filling the main tank, so I have to calculate how far I can go.:anguished:

We use it mainly for towing our caravan, visiting game reserves around the country.

We've done a good bit of trailing and have 285-75-16 AT tyres with a serious set of rock-sliders.

Looking forward to sharing some information here...

Our Baby!

Attachments

• Cruizer Baobab.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • Cruizer-Limpopo River.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Back