Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Luis 80

Garage
Country Flag
portugal
Hello all,

Newbie to the forum after reading this forum for nearly 10 years and I finally got a landcruiser 80 series.

Name is Luis, originally from Portugal, presently living in the wirral, been driving 4x4 for a few year, done it as job for while in Portugal driving BJ45's for a company called Zebra safari in Albufeira.

Fast forward 20 years and here I am have owned discovery 300tdi short existence, still own a nissan patrol 260, 2.8d leaf springs all over.

Seen that many here enjoy Portugal as a overland destination, I have taken few people over, videos from the trip on YouTube Lowrangers channel.

Presently own a 1996 80 series, manual, diesel. When I got it already has a allard intercooler, 3 inch exaust, iroman front bumper with winch, tjm rear bumper, roof rack, running on 285's bf all terrain, iroman 2 inch lift.

It's my daily driver and family car, looking to add some draws to the back eventually.

Looking forward to meet some people.

Many thanks
Luís

Welcome Luis. Sounds like you’ve found a good one.

I too had a Disco for a short while. A real money pit and always felt like a bit of a compromise parked next to a Land Cruiser. Classic case of false economy.

Let’s see some more photos of the 80 and the Patrol!

Welcome aboard Luis, I’m one of the other daily 80 drivers @chapel gate referred to :icon-biggrin:

Nice sounding truck you’ve got there, more pics would be appreciated :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys.

I will post some pictures shortly

Welcome Luis... All the best with the 80, There are plenty of folk here to help you out with Knowledge and parts If you ever need them that is...

Thanks again.

Looking at forum I have seen and heard good things about lincomb, looking to put my name down, Mrs and 2 kids would come along, sounds like a good family gathering.
And a good opportunity to meet some good people.

Thanks again.

Looking at forum I have seen and heard good things about lincomb, looking to put my name down, Mrs and 2 kids would come along, sounds like a good family gathering.
And a good opportunity to meet some good people.

Your all more than welcome. will you be camping?

Welcome Luis, got here in the end lol, will see you at Lincomb m8

IMG_20190519_104122.jpg IMG_20190519_104129.jpg Here is my patrol 260.
It's a 2.8d n/a, 5 years ago my brother added a tgv turbo.

I've own this for over 20 years, was my first 4x4, done my adventures up and down Portugal, and in 2001 went to Marroco for 11 days with new year, was nicked named as the "desert fridge".

80 pictures to follow.

Here is the 80.

BTW. The rear bumper is a tjm as you can see doesn't have the lights in, but I was trying to get new ones without breaking the bank.
Would anyone know?
Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20190519_162648.jpg IMG_20190519_162704.jpg IMG_20190519_162717.jpg

how long have you owned the truck and did the bumper come on it?

Owned the truck for just under 3 years.

No the rear bumper was off my mates 80, before he sold it we swapped and also the tyres with less than 3k on. Perfect size in my opinion for 80, 285 75.

Been looking for led ones for rear for ages on and off, before I got it shot basted and power coat I should planed this to get the hole to fit them.

Back