Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NHS

fridayman

Garage
Sorry, but I need to rant a little... After waiting 2 years for a shoulder op, my 3 month old son now needs an op. When my wife spoke to them today she was told that they will know which surgeon to refer him to by the end of this week, and then they will write a letter to the surgeon. The other hospital will then write to us to give us an appointment. That will be in 4-5 wks time. Note that this doesn't include the wait for the op itself, or the fact that we have already waited 6 wks to see the first consultant. WTF!! :x
So we decide to pay for it out of our own pockets - we see the surgeon next Tuesday and they can perform the surgery within 1 week. Going to cost me the price of a Landcruiser though...

:( The system is a real piss take. The fact that it's prob the same consultant just rubs salt into the wound.

All the best for you little one though :thumbup:

do the BUPA thing matey, was looked at one day then operation the following day :mrgreen:

Last time I checked, BUPA on the private for a family of 4 came to about £3k a year in premiums..... not sure how anyone can pay the subs privately :x

TonyP said:
Last time I checked, BUPA on the private for a family of 4 came to about £3k a year in premiums..... not sure how anyone can pay the subs privately :x

I might look into that - this op will make it worthwhile. Just not sure if they will cover a pre-existing condition?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well they do have a clause to exclude previous history, so not sure about your situation. I also heard that once you join after a few years they may cover previous.... Take a look online at their site, the prices are pretty much there

J66P said:
do the BUPA thing matey, was looked at one day then operation the following day :mrgreen:

costs me about £800 for wife, daughter and myself. that is through work and to be honest not sure how much they contribute

J66P said:
Pick your day.

You chose when to get sorted, at the best time to you.

Graham

Back