Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice Hilux Camper

Its certainly kitted out... Dont like the Price Tho... Go on Mate Grab it!
Tbh the price is pretty good for that kind of thing. Certainly got all the gear, ready to get in and drive off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That cabover is hideous and ridiculous!! How long will that last off road!!
You can see why it’s unfinished can’t you. It’s probably a Taccar conversion having the second rear axle but who knows what’s gone on since with that Body that looks like a caravan it was towing has had brake failure and mounted the tow car. :lol:

You can see why it’s unfinished can’t you. It’s probably a Taccar conversion having the second rear axle but who knows what’s gone on since with that Body that looks like a caravan it was towing has had brake failure and mounted the tow car. :lol:
:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:
I think he ran out of talent some time before getting to where he's got to!!:laughing-rolling:

Yeah I think £26k isn't far off. It's only got 118k km's on it. I always think they look slightly unstable tho having that much weight on the back. Personally i'd rather either have a pop-top on a land cruiser, or go the whole hog with a Unimog style overlander, if I was going down the living-in camper route, which i'm not, yet.

One of my brothers spotted this Hilux camper yesterday and sent me photo
At the Cairngorm carpark near aviemore
Apparently the trailer had huskies in it

747CF3F7-6A40-45C1-9380-A9C0A747373D.jpeg

One of my brothers spotted this Hilux camper yesterday and sent me photo
At the Cairngorm carpark near aviemore

View attachment 155310
That’s a demountable though which is a slightly different set up, unless the op is one of the ones that slides onto a flat be although doesn’t look like it.

Yeah I think £26k isn't far off. It's only got 118k km's on it. I always think they look slightly unstable tho having that much weight on the back. Personally i'd rather either have a pop-top on a land cruiser, or go the whole hog with a Unimog style overlander, if I was going down the living-in camper route, which i'm not, yet.
I think a unimog is likely to be a lot more tippy.

A neighbour has huskies (I think they're Malamutes ?) and he goes up there sometimes. The dogs tow a sort of chariot thing with wheels along the tracks, they get up quite a speed apparently and enjoy it.

I think a unimog is likely to be a lot more tippy.

Except that a Unimog is designed to have a large high load on the back, where as a Hilux was not designed to take a load that high. Just my opinion. I know a lot of people do it, and Alu-Cab make a unit specifically for that purpose and their R&D is pretty solid so i'm sure its very doable.

It makes no sense to me , if i was going this route i think i'd start with something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-FOR...766192?hash=item1a78bc7470:g:1PwAAOSwKlFcmPDS

There has to be a camper version out there somewhere so body lift and cut out arches to fit bigger wheels and give some ground clearance .

Anybody intending to travel with such a set up is going to avoid the more extreme terrain anyway .

E5C74400-7114-483F-8F27-90EADEFFFF55.jpeg 162C12A4-0EE1-4F9A-AC4A-767D21B7920A.jpeg AC66715E-6599-4628-94AA-76630AB03C89.jpeg
Except that a Unimog is designed to have a large high load on the back, where as a Hilux was not designed to take a load that high. Just my opinion. I know a lot of people do it, and Alu-Cab make a unit specifically for that purpose and their R&D is pretty solid so i'm sure its very doable.

It does look a bit saggy arsed tbf, personally I would rather have something like this than a unimog or the Hilux

Back